• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC sim league III (decade vs decade)

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Congratulations ImpatientLime on a championship win first time out, the Splish were just insanely strong in all departments. And very well played Nate, you somehow steered a team which had no business being even in the Super 8 to the final!

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The 3rd innings could've made it interesting, but it was clear that the Death was gonna be very hard to knock off all tournament.

Thanks for running this, Jimmy.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Vernon was tearing through them in the 3rd Innings. May, Worrell, Walcott & Davidson all fell to him in succession.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting to note that Nate made the final even though he almost never selected his best bowler (Steyn) nor one of his best batsmen (Pujara).

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Interesting to note that Nate made the final even though he almost never selected his best bowler (Steyn) nor one of his best batsmen (Pujara).
There was definitely method behind the madness. :)

Congrats to The Splish - well deserved winners if there ever was one.

Proud of the GS lads, and it was a pleasure taking part. Already looking forward to the next draft, which I NEED TO HAVE IN MY LIFE JIMMY101 plz PLZ.

However, before that, I will happily share some stats from my lads, in way of nominating them for Team of the Tournament, which I declare a thing.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
thanks for running this jimmy. excellent effort and lots of fun.

stuck to my 6 bats/keeper/4 bowlers and ignore all rounders theory and it worked a dream.

fiery fred seen getting bang on it at the close.

Attachments

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
However, before that, I will happily share some stats from my lads, in way of nominating them for Team of the Tournament, which I declare a thing.
Yeah, why not. Having a look over the scorecards, here's one I came up with.

Matthew Hayden (o.0s)
Barry Richards (Flares)
Neil Harvey (Splish)
Greg Chappell (Flares)
Garfield Sobers (Fembots)
Aubrey Faulkner (Bastards)
Les Ames + (HMTTA)
Vernon Philander (GenSnap)
Jim Laker (Splish)
Glenn McGrath (Hats)
Neil Adcock (Remnants)

12th Mushtaq Mohammad (Fembots)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Great work Jimmy. If we do not have a ICC sim draft running at any given point in CC, it loses something. Hope you can start the next one real soon too. :)

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep, May is definitely a contender. Infact, if I was to squeeze May in I'd probably have to drop Aubrey, Howe.

If anyone else wants to throw a team of the tournament down, go ahead. I'd like to see what people think.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Generation Snapchat Season Summary

Overview

While I was given the opportunity to re-do my squad after the initial selection, I believed the lads chosen could be competitive, if managed correctly. I thought our seeding (10th) was fair, and to have exceeded expectations so thoroughly was a delight. To think we only got out of the group on coefficient! However, at the end of the day - the best team definitely won. Well done Splish.

Our bowling mostly clicked, but our batting was frequently a hindrance, which was reflected in the amount of first innings' won (just two). The boys always fought hard though, and our regular comebacks were a thing of a joy.

Squad Ranking (as opposed to marks out of 10)

1) Vernon Philander (12 matches, 287 runs @ 17.94, 79 wickets @ 20.92, 3.33 PpG)
The destroyer. Regularly ran through opposition line-ups, and chipped in with handy runs. He took five 5-wicket hauls, but more importantly, he never went wicketless (no 10-wicket hauls, mind). His worst match was the opener, and even then he took his wickets at the respectable average of 32.35. My player of the tournament.

2) Ravindra Jadeja (11 matches, 580 runs @ 48.33, 35 wickets @ 29.06, 3.64 PgG)
Jaddu! Took steady wickets (only one 5-wicket haul), but more surprisingly, ended up with the best batting average in the side, making one 100, and three 50s. Essentially contributed at least once in every two innings. WAG.

3) Alastair Cook (12 matches, 763 runs @ 40.16, 3.33 PgG)
A tournament of two halves for Cookeh, who averaged 53.90 in the latter part, standing up with vital runs when needed. Made one 100 and five 50s.

4) James Pattinson (12 matches, 125 runs @ 8.33, 58 wickets @ 27.36, 3.33 PpG)
Patto fatigued as the tournament progressed, but was a key contributor in bowling sides out. Two 5-wicket hauls, and wicketless only twice. pattoface.jpg

5) Ryan Harris (8 matches, 68 runs @ 8.50, 36 wickets @ 26.06, 3.25 PpG)
Rhino (Ryano? I never really knew) can count himself unlucky not have played more. However, when he came back into the side, he was sensational, receiving the MOTM Award in the Final - his only 5-wicket haul.

6) Dave Warner (12 matches, 777 runs @ 33.78, 3.33 PpG)
The dumb **** always managed to get himself out, but he did make a bulk of the runs. One 100 and five 50s. Good lad.

7) Virat Kohli (11 matches, 636 runs @ 33.47, 3.64 PgG)
I expected a bit more from my cricket friend, who never seemed to make the most of his starts. But, when he did, it was marvelous - his 143 against ye Fishes was the highest score of any Snapchat batsman. One 100 and three 50s.

8) Hasham Amla (11 matches, 577 runs @ 28.85, 3.64 PgG)
Old mate was averaging just 12.63 after eight innings. It was struggle town. BUT THEN he made a magnificent 133* against HMTTA, arguably the innings of the tournament. It changed his fortunes, and he averaged 36.69 from that point, with many handy contributions (eight of his next ten innings were scores of 29 or more). One 100, two 50s.

9) Ross Taylor (10 matches, 475 runs @ 25.00, 3.20 PgG)
Ah Rosstopher. What to do with you? He was in-and-out of the side, but came good in the last three matches, averaging 39.83. Three 50s, when it mattered most.

10) AB de Villiers (12 matches, 546 runs @ 26.00, 3.33 PgG)
It was a disappointing tournament from the glovesman. He made three 50s, but only managed a highest score of 69.

11) Steve Smith (11 matches, 390 runs @ 17.73, 3.09 PpG)
What a bloody weird human being. Didn't score more than 26 in his twelve first-innings digs, but then scored FOUR 50s in the second-innings. Disappoint, confuse.

12) Dale Steyn (3 matches, 39 runs @ 13.00, 7 wickets @ 66.43, 4.00 PpG)
And so we reach the curious case of Mr Steyn. He never averaged under 50 with the ball, yet won two of his three games - the best Points per Game of any Snapchat player. I couldn't decide what to do with him, and in the end, Harris won out. Sorry m9.

13) Cheteshwar Pujara (5 matches, 159 runs @ 17.67, 2.80 PpG)
At the other end of the spectrum, you have this idiot. Did not make 50, did not pass Go, did not collect $200. Made a pair in his final innings, before being locked in a cupboard. Had the lowest PpG too, except for...

14) Ravichandran Ashwin (2 matches, 25 runs @ 6.25, 4 wickets @ 71.00, 1.00 PpG)
Well done, ******.

Finally, thank you to all of our opponents, and thanks also to jimmy for running the tournament. I've loved it, and hope there are more to come in the future.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok so I've got a few ideas for ICC sim league VI. Let me know which type of tournament you would like to make happen...

Oldies ODI World Cup - Featuring players who played Tests but no ODIs. Participants would draft squads prior to the cup.

90's edition (Test or ODI cup) - Featuring players who played a substantial amount of international cricket in the 1990's Either with drafted squads or nation vs nation.

80's edition (Test or ODI) - Same rules as 90's version.

Best of the worst ODI Champions Trophy - A nation vs nation tournament where I will provide a pool of 22 of the worst players in the game per nation for participants to pick a squad of 14 from. For a fun little twist, I'll allow Bangladesh & Zimbabwe to field full strength ATG teams. Max 12 players. Should be a bit of fun seeing the likes of Debasis Mohanty, Bryan Young, Shane Lee and Mark Ealham go at it.

Or any other ideas people might have.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Love the oldies odi world cup

One of my favourite drafts on this board was drafting pre odi players for an odi team