• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Icc chapions competition - rain stops play

mawallace

Cricket Spectator
I have been trying to find out what happens in the icc comp if a match is abandoned due to rain on the one dayers.does it get tied our rescheduled

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
During the group stages teams receive the following points:
2 for a win
1 for a tie or no result (so no reschedule)
0 for a loss

During the semis and final I don't know what the ruling is.

mawallace

Cricket Spectator
But I suppose my question was, would they go for a reschedule? And if so, How many times before it concluded as a no result!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Champions Trophy FAQ said:
Are there any reserve days?
There is not a reserve day planned for the Final of the Tournament at this stage.
So I think if the final was tied they'd just share the trophy, like India and Sri Lanka did in 2002 (although IIRC they actually did have a reserve day for that final and it got washed out as well).

No idea what happens if there's a tie in the semi-finals but it certainly doesn't seem like they have any plans in the way of reserve days.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Abandonments in the Semi's and the side that topped their group will go through. Obviously it's 1 v 2 in the Semi's so they can do that.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Abandonments in the Semi's and the side that topped their group will go through. Obviously it's 1 v 2 in the Semi's so they can do that.
That's seriously lame though isn't it?

Fully expecting a 'snow stops play' to happen in this tournament

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will be lots of rage on CW when a team is inevitably shafted by the D/L method.