• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Champions Trophy in Sri Lanka

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Here's the big event now.

Pool One
-------------
Australia
New Zealand
Bangladesh
-------------

Pool Two
-------------
India
England
Zimbabwe
-------------

Pool Three
-------------
South Africa
West Indies
Kenya
-------------

Pool Four
-------------
Pakistan
Sri Lanka
Holland
-------------

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
So, does one team from each group go through to a semi-final? In that case, it should be Australia, India, SA and SL.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Australia and South Africa should be sure-fire qualifiers from A and C, with B and D tighter, but India and Sri Lanka marginal favourites. Don't count out England and Pakistan (England's rather not-very-good looking squad may cause problems for themselves however), and NZ might just spring a surprise over the Aussies.

No hope for the rest, however.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
So, does one team from each group go through to a semi-final? In that case, it should be Australia, India, SA and SL.
sure ;) As witnessed from the last ICC, its not easy to predict who will win the trophy.

But i wouldn't discount england and (specially) Pakistan that easily.

We'll find out about Pakistan/Sri Lanka on the very first day i guess, Holland well...

[Edited on 9/10/02 by Gotchya]

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
What odds would I get on the following semi-final line-up?

New Zealand
Zimbabwe
West Indies
Sri Lanka

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
NZ and SL are bonafide contenders. WI is a big question mark and Zimbabwe extremely doubtful. All the 4 getting to the semis looks very, very, very unlikely.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
sure As witnessed from the last ICC, its not easy to predict who will win the trophy.

But i wouldn't discount england and (specially) Pakistan that easily.

We'll find out about Pakistan/Sri Lanka on the very first day i guess, Holland well...
I am not discounting England and Pakistan. Pakistan has the potential to go all the way while England has it in them to atleast reach the semis. I am just going by current form.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
NZ and SL are bonafide contenders. WI is a big question mark and Zimbabwe extremely doubtful. All the 4 getting to the semis looks very, very, very unlikely.
So what odds would I get? 33-1 sound fair enough?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what odds would I get? 33-1 sound fair enough?
Sounds fair to me. 8D

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NZ v Australia will be the game of the tournament. Australia should win though.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I will be looking forward to an India Pakistan clash....tis been some time now
Yeah, nothing can beat that for an electric atmosphere, nail-biting tension and intensity. The amazing thing is that even if the quality of the game itself isn't very good, the above mentioned factors will make it worth watching and if the players also put in a great display, it will be a feast for the fans of both countries.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Well, it's less than 6 months away now, but it certainly won't happen before the World Cup.
Why is there no chance of this happening in the ICC trophy?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Ok, only it wasn't expressed as a wish. He mentioned it as something of a mathematical impossibility(not even an improbablilty). :)