• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Awards

simmy

International Regular
Anyone else here what Atherton just said on commentary about the ICC shortlist for the players of the year?

It is a disgrace.

Jacknife

International Captain
Anyone else here what Atherton just said on commentary about the ICC shortlist for the players of the year?

It is a disgrace.
Yes I did 6 Aus players and not 1 English.Aus players include Harris,Bollinger,Johnson,Clarke,Watson.I can't believe the likes of Swann, Morgan and even Anderson haven't been put up.

Spark

Global Moderator
Swann deserves to be on for sure. Clarke, Watson, yeah I guess. Morgan not getting in is spot on, but Harris?!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yes I did 6 Aus players and not 1 English.Aus players include Harris,Bollinger,Johnson,Clarke,Watson.I can't believe the likes of Swann, Morgan and even Anderson haven't been put up.
If it's overall then Morgan should defo be on there, Anderson should be on there for Tests and the lack of Swann is farcical.

Jayzamann

International Regular
I'm an Australian supporter foremost, but I also think myself to be quite rational. That shortlist is ridiculous.

Jacknife

International Captain
Swann deserves to be on for sure. Clarke, Watson, yeah I guess. Morgan not getting in is spot on, but Harris?!
It obviously includes ODi cricket so why not Morgan if Harris is their.Harris has only a couple of tests behind him like Morgan.

Spark

Global Moderator
It obviously includes ODi cricket so why not Morgan if Harris is their.Harris has only a couple of tests behind him like Morgan.
Tests > ODIs and Morgan hasn't really done enough in Tests to justify. I agree with you that Harris being anywhere near that list is nothing short of laughable.

pasag

RTDAS
ICC officially recognising the poms are mediocre is one of the better things they've done in recent times.

/final troll for the night.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Surprised nobody has a made a thread about this yet.

Saw it mentioned on twitter whilst on the bus home, and quite frankly the proposed shortlists are a bit of a joke.

Hashim Amla (SA)
Doug Bollinger (Aus)
Michael Clarke (Aus)
Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Ind)
Ryan Harris (Aus)
Mitchell Johnson (Aus)
Jacques Kallis (SA)
Morne Morkel (SA)
Ricky Ponting (Aus)
Kumar Sangakkara (SL)
Virender Sehwag (Ind)
Dale Steyn (SA)
Sachin Tendulkar (Ind)
Daniel Vettori (NZ)
AB de Villiers (SA)
Shane Watson (Aus)

Hashim Amla (SA)
James Anderson (Eng)
Mohammad Asif (Pak)
Doug Bollinger (Aus)
Tamim Iqbal (BD)
Mahela Jayawardene (SL)
Jacques Kallis (SA)
Simon Katich (Aus)
Kumar Sangakkara (SL)
Thilan Samaraweera (SL)
Virender Sehwag (Ind)
Dale Steyn (SA)
Graeme Swann (Eng)
Sachin Tendulkar (Ind)
Shane Watson (Aus)

Hashim Amla (SA)
Doug Bollinger (Aus)
Tillekeratne Dilshan (SL)
Ryan Harris (Aus)
Michael Hussey (Aus)
Jacques Kallis (SA)
Ricky Ponting (Aus)
Virender Sehwag (Ind)
Sachin Tendulkar (Ind)
AB de Villiers (SA)
Daniel Vettori (NZ)
Shane Watson (Aus)
Cameron White (Aus)

Mohammad Amir (Pak)
Umar Akmal (Pak)
Tim Bresnan (Eng)
Steven Finn (Eng)
Shafiul Islam (BD)
Ravindra Jadeja (Ind)
Virat Kohli (Ind)
Angelo Mathews (SL)
Eoin Morgan (Eng)
Pragyan Ojha (Ind)
Tim Paine (Aus)
Wayne Parnell (SA)
Kemar Roach (WI)
Steven Smith (Aus)
Paul Stirling (Ire)
David Warner (Aus)

So not a single Englishman for the Cricketer of the year?
Swann might feel aggrieved not to have joined the 16-strong shortlist for the top gong, having taken 49 Test wickets at 27.55 and 28 one-day wickets at 23 in the qualification period.
He ****ing should feel aggrieved.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
What is the qualification period?

tbh Swann probably the only one who deserved a nomination from England.

Surprised that Bresnan got nominated for emerging player

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Last edited: