• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I dont think ill watch any cricket 2 years from now

LA ICE-E

State Captain
chill out mohammad16.....how do you know there isn't great players with huge amount of talents waiting to get a chance......i bet you dont really know much about the under 19 huh? some great players there.....more will be there....no big deal your just thinking too negative....

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
me use big words cause me not only able to use little ones

why me rubbish? me only say that little kids not good straight away

why you not seen jamshaid ahmad anwar ali they swing ball lots and lots and lots and they very good they going to be next wasim and waqar
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

SKULL!!!

Legga

Banned
mohammad16 said:
except this time I DONT SEE ANY NEW STARS taking thier place

most great players showed something from age 18

we have no 18 year old showing us signs of greatness right now
Hussey?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Shouldn't this be in the "How do you feel about Harmisons decision to retire." thread?

:p

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
mohammad16 said:
ur so entertaining, anyways jamsheds and anwar ali dont show the promise the tendulkars and the lara showed at that age, so puhleassse
Um, Bracken and Johnson might turn out to be awesome players.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
You just need to look at the U-19 World Cup to see some of the amazing young players in world cricket. There are young-twenties players such as Asif with incredible records already. And then there are those who become world-class at a later age, such as Hussey.

I blame women for Neil`s recent decline. It could surely only be women.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I guess me and the OP differ in the sense that he watches cricket for the stars. I watch cricket for the cricket. As long as thats exciting and fun, I couldn't care less who's playing.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I dunno but the guy has a point, poorly put.. I've become less passionate about international cricket than I was a few years ago, guess I'm just overly cynical and fed up of the cheats/drug takers/controversy/money spinning/Twenty20 that I think detracts from the modern international game.. A lot of my heroes are retiring and I can't find anyone to replace them, there are definitely fewer "characters" as they are so called. We have never had a Shane Warne before, so what makes anyone think we are going to have another one? I don't think there will ever be another Shaun Pollock either.. I have 20,000 posts, and I think I've only made about 2,000 in cricket chat.

South African cricket is no longer a force, Zimbabwean cricket has all but disappeared (but who cares?) and most international boards are ruled by politicians and moneymakers.. I'd rather follow a local club, whose heart is in cricket and not politics. True there are days like Mick Lewis, and the PE ODI in 2005 where I rediscover my love for it all, but I'm not positive about the future.. Whilst I'm still passionate about cricket as a sport, I hope I spend far more time playing it than watching it on tele in the coming years.. I really miss playing it, but apart from this years ashes, I don't really miss not watching it..

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Langeveldt said:
I dunno but the guy has a point, poorly put.. I've become less passionate about international cricket than I was a few years ago, guess I'm just overly cynical and fed up of the cheats/drug takers/controversy/money spinning/Twenty20 that I think detracts from the modern international game.. A lot of my heroes are retiring and I can't find anyone to replace them, there are definitely fewer "characters" as they are so called. We have never had a Shane Warne before, so what makes anyone think we are going to have another one? I don't think there will ever be another Shaun Pollock either.. I have 20,000 posts, and I think I've only made about 2,000 in cricket chat.

South African cricket is no longer a force, Zimbabwean cricket has all but disappeared (but who cares?) and most international boards are ruled by politicians and moneymakers.. I'd rather follow a local club, whose heart is in cricket and not politics. True there are days like Mick Lewis, and the PE ODI in 2005 where I rediscover my love for it all, but I'm not positive about the future.. Whilst I'm still passionate about cricket as a sport, I hope I spend far more time playing it than watching it on tele in the coming years.. I really miss playing it, but apart from this years ashes, I don't really miss not watching it..
Sad to hear that, really. I think the recent past has been fantastic for cricket. Few draws, lots of tense finishes. :shrug: Everything that I would want, regardless of whether India is crap or not.

Langeveldt

Soutie
silentstriker said:
Sad to hear that, really. I think the recent past has been fantastic for cricket. Few draws, lots of tense finishes. :shrug: Everything that I would want, regardless of whether India is crap or not.
I dunno really, I just feel I'd rather watch a club knockaround with a few mates, whereas I used to want to watch Jonty and Allan and co.. I don't think its particularly negative, I just have different priorities..

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
mohammad16 said:
and im not saying that all great players HAVE TO show signs of greatness at age 18, im just saying its been a trend,
Yet of those you named only Tendulkar played Test Cricket before he was 21, and last time I checked, 1 was not a trend.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
marc71178 said:
Yet of those you named only Tendulkar played Test Cricket before he was 21, and last time I checked, 1 was not a trend.
And it can be said that even he was put into the Test side too early. At the very least, he set a very bad precedent where young kids are ruined because they are put into the test side too early because they are apparently the next Tendulkar.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Neil Pickup said:
me use big words cause me not only able to use little ones

why me rubbish? me only say that little kids not good straight away

why you not seen jamshaid ahmad anwar ali they swing ball lots and lots and lots and they very good they going to be next wasim and waqar
Slow the heck down neil, Youre goinga mile a minute

Mohammed, no-one likes you, you should know that from school. Stop being an idiot becasue youre annoying the crap out of me....

Thanks, your pal Tomm

open365

International Vice-Captain
Jono said:
Shouldn't this be in the "How do you feel about Harmisons decision to retire." thread?

:p
Haha, second funniest reply so far. I acctualy LOLed.

Meh, some of the great players you mention probably look a lot better relative to the talent around the, cricket will survive, at least with McGrath and Warne(an probably a few more Aussies soon) international cricket will become a lot more competetive.

open365

International Vice-Captain
mohammad16 said:
sure there is talent in world cricket, but we have no one who will be able to match these guys in terms of productivity and entertainment all in one package
You are very much mistaken young sir.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
open365 said:
Haha, second funniest reply so far. I acctualy LOLed.

Meh, some of the great players you mention probably look a lot better relative to the talent around the, cricket will survive, at least with McGrath and Warne(an probably a few more Aussies soon) international cricket will become a lot more competetive.
You're very much mistaken, let me introduce you to my signature *look below*.....