• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I dont think ill watch any cricket 2 years from now

PhoenixFire

International Coach
:laugh:

I have been away for a few days, and couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread, I'm sure he has been served a few times already.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
English overreact to batsmen like the Indians overreact to pace bowlers. Anything not completely rubbish and in the toilet is seen as somehow fantastic.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
mohammad16 said:
what makes any sport really exciting is the super stars, the great talents going up competing againts the very best at the highest level.
Not true. International and Champions League association football is boring at best, dire on average and quite frankly enough to drive you to suicide if it's bad. The times when I've found that particular sport most exciting is when I watched Wigan Athletic in the third tier of England's competitions - not watching Brazil, nor Chelsea, Manchester United, Real Madrid or other star studded teams.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
silentstriker said:
Not even close. But OK.

I am never one to overate and exaggerate a players ability, but for me most people -see Pietersen as someone who can hot 6s and then get out. I have seen his technique analysed on TV, and there are things that people don't realise, but are incredible. They showed hi-motion clip if him going going down the track to Warne, and showed the way he moved direction to neutralise the drift Warne was getting. People don't realise stuff like this. Apart from SRT and Lara, I've never seen anyone play Warne or Muralitharan better.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
PhoenixFire said:
I am never one to overate and exaggerate a players ability, but for me most people -see Pietersen as someone who can hot 6s and then get out. I have seen his technique analysed on TV, and there are things that people don't realise, but are incredible. They showed hi-motion clip if him going going down the track to Warne, and showed the way he moved direction to neutralise the drift Warne was getting. People don't realise stuff like this. Apart from SRT and Lara, I've never seen anyone play Warne or Muralitharan better.
He's not the only batsman to neutralize Warne, and he got owned by Asif earlier. You're annointing him about five years too early.

The fella can bat, lets leave it at that for now.

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
mohammad16 said:
If you just care bout exciting cricket, close matches then u migght aswell just watch club cricket, or watch any other sport, or watch ur local street game

ulll find ENOUGH close games

what makes any sport really exciting is the super stars, the great talents going up competing againts the very best at the highest level.

NBA would be a very different leauge without no jordan, there was alot of fear that nba would struggle after jordan went away, luckily though vince carters, kobes and tmacs poped up at the right time

theres beens times when there have been few superstars in sports, and times when there have been alot

right now u got SO many super stars in the nba

back then it jus used to be jordan magic and bird--- these guys ran the nba

righ now alot of great superstars are retiring, and we sure as hell havent seen any hints that someone will replace them, not atleast for the next 5 years

so cricket will struggle

any sport just isnt the same without superstars
NO...what makes sport really exciting is having a team that you support and want to win, how many games between countries other than your own do you remember? Not that many i wud think. ITs all about wanting your side to do well and if you want your side to do well the best players in that team will become superstars to you!
Remember its all re;lative, if theirs a void in talent then someone will come along and exploit it... they will become the new superstar, doesnt mean they will be as good as tendulkar or whoever, but they might well perform in crunch situations and become legends.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
steds said:
Not true. International and Champions League association football is boring at best, dire on average and quite frankly enough to drive you to suicide if it's bad. The times when I've found that particular sport most exciting is when I watched Wigan Athletic in the third tier of England's competitions - not watching Brazil, nor Chelsea, Manchester United, Real Madrid or other star studded teams.
Agree with this...I'd much rather watch the Mighty Whites beat Huddersfield on a Friday night (first random exciting game that came to mind) than watch Man U or Chelsea roll over a load of fat, overpaid, pretty boy wastes of space.

And clearly there will still be superstars. You're being dramatic, but I do agree that Cricket will miss the players you mention - and there won't be other players quite like Warne, McGrath, Tendulkar, Lara, but there WILL be great, exciting players. If all we got were carbon copies, well that's when I would stop watching.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Top thread (despite not being bothered to read it all). Obviously noone will watch cricket in 2 yrs.

What you people fail to understand is that its all about watching famous people and getting excited about sixers.

Cricket has nothing to do with national teams clashing in top level international competition but fans getting to see their heroes. Obviously when a lot of these guys retire the heroes are gone and cricket will be boring.

Pffft, all this bull**** about competition, challenges, sport etc is irrelevant. If you are like me then it is all about the cult of the celebrity and hero worship.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Goughy said:
Top thread (despite not being bothered to read it all). Obviously noone will watch cricket in 2 yrs.

What you people fail to understand is that its all about watching famous people and getting excited about sixers.

Cricket has nothing to do with national teams clashing in top level international competition but fans getting to see their heroes. Obviously when a lot of these guys retire the heroes are gone and cricket will be boring.

Pffft, all this bull**** about competition, challenges, sport etc is irrelevant. If you are like me then it is all about the cult of the celebrity and hero worship.
:laugh: Welcome back, Goughy. :)