• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I dont think ill watch any cricket 2 years from now

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
open365 said:
That's a joke right?
Dreams are meant to be percieved as jokes, but sooner or later they'll turn into reality.

Anyways, to answer your question, unfortunately, yes, yes it is a joke.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh:

All great scientists, revolutionists, dreamers, believers were mocked... But in the end those who mocked them were the ones who looked silly.

adharcric

International Coach
Turbinator said:
:laugh:

All great scientists, revolutionists, dreamers, believers were mocked... But in the end those who mocked them were the ones who looked silly.
Are you calling yourself silly? :unsure:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
adharcric said:
Are you calling yourself silly? :unsure:
Let me rephrase...

All great scientists, revolutionists, dreamers, believers, and turbinators were mocked... But in the end those who mocked them were the ones who looked silly. :p

mohammad16

U19 Captain
If you just care bout exciting cricket, close matches then u migght aswell just watch club cricket, or watch any other sport, or watch ur local street game

ulll find ENOUGH close games

what makes any sport really exciting is the super stars, the great talents going up competing againts the very best at the highest level.

NBA would be a very different leauge without no jordan, there was alot of fear that nba would struggle after jordan went away, luckily though vince carters, kobes and tmacs poped up at the right time

theres beens times when there have been few superstars in sports, and times when there have been alot

right now u got SO many super stars in the nba

back then it jus used to be jordan magic and bird--- these guys ran the nba

righ now alot of great superstars are retiring, and we sure as hell havent seen any hints that someone will replace them, not atleast for the next 5 years

so cricket will struggle

any sport just isnt the same without superstars

pskov

International 12th Man
Turbinator said:
You're very much mistaken, let me introduce you to my signature *look below*.....
Don't think that team would fare very well to be honest. You've only got a vice-captain. :happy:

adharcric

International Coach
Give me one good reason why new stars wouldn't emerge to replace the old ones in cricket if this has happened in basketball and virtually every other sport.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmmmmmmmmmm... let me see... next five years...

Hussey, Ponting, Dravid, Tendulkar, KP, MoYo, Yuvraj Singh, Sreesanth, Johnson, Clark, Asif, Flintoff, Broad, Umar Gul, Ian Bell, Smith, Ntini, Sangakkara, Malinga and many others who I don't have the time to name...

Isn't that enough to keep us entertained for the next 5 years.

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
You can't look into the future and claim that we won't have superstars. Three years from now, Pietersen, Johnson, Yuvraj and Taylor will not be the same players they are today.

Last edited:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
adharcric said:
You can't look into the future and claim that we won't have superstars. Three years from now, Pietersen, Johnson, Yuvraj and Taylor will not be the same players they are today.
Hell who knows, even Bravo could turn out to be something special.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I personally don't care if this member watches another game because he will be no great loss.

He's not a star poster so I don't care about him. I only come here for the star posters who provide regular productivity and entertainment - I wouldn't bother coming if they all left though, because there are no 13-14 year old posters that have shown the potential to take over as stars to replace them.

adharcric

International Coach
Prince EWS said:
I personally don't care if this member watches another game because he will be no great loss.

He's not a star poster so I don't care about him. I only come here for the star posters who provide regular productivity and entertainment - I wouldn't bother coming if they all left though, because there are no 13-14 year old posters that have shown the potential to take over as stars to replace them.
Lovely stuff. :happy:

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
mohammad16 said:
right now u got SO many super stars in the nba

back then it jus used to be jordan magic and bird--- these guys ran the nba
What?

There were other stars in the NBA in the 80s and 90s. Not to mention before that.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Mohammed clearly hasn't got a clue what he's on about. Pietersen, is the most exciting player since Viv Richards imo.