• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I don't actually hate Bopara thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dobell will probably be the next Aggers. Everything is wahh wahh wahh.

Bloke was carried by Kimber during Polite Enquiries. He's now gone off on his own and is being exposed for being a thoroughly uninteresting man.

his constant Twitter rant about how the English T20 shouldn't copy the BBL was something to see. Just a huge huge whinge.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator

Bloke was carried by Kimber during Polite Enquiries. He's now gone off on his own and is being exposed for being a thoroughly uninteresting man.

his constant Twitter rant about how the English T20 shouldn't copy the BBL was something to see. Just a huge huge whinge.
Tbf, everyone saying England should copy the big bash is looking for reasons to explain why England are doing badly other than them just being ****. Slightly contradictory criticisms IMO. Disagree about him on Polite Enquiries also. The quality drops when he's not on them.

Oh and btw absolute lol at Cricinfo doing polite enquiries without either of them recently. As if I'm going to watch that ****.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It wasn't his view that I disliked, but his constant whining about people wanting to follow something that has clearly been successful.

Another great Dobell moment was when he kept criticising Clarke for his declaration in Adelaide vs India, and potted Brettig for defending the declaration. Even asked Brettig what he thought of Clarke's declaration at tea, and Brettig responded something along the lines of "ask me in 2 hours". Australia win, and of course Dobell says Clarke got lucky and he was still right. Was just like Richard on CW.

Was great because it summed up him and his conservative nature and just not understanding how some people could have a different view on how cricket should be played.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain

Dobell and Aggers don't have a whole lot in common imo.

Aggers is a former cricketer but isn't particularly bothered about following cricket unless he has too and definitely gives no ****s about county cricket. Writes a few puff pieces for bbc and waitrose which I've never read. Though he lacks a lot of current cricketing knowledge and has some pretty conservative views on the game he is a very good anchor on TMS imo. Very smooth and a safe pair of hands.

Dobell imo seems to have a genuine affection for the game and especially county cricket. Spends a lot of time following county cricket and seems to enjoy it. I don't really enjoy or agree with a lot of what he writes so I don't really read much of it these days (and never watch any of cricinfo's videoes). Goes off on a tangent to his article to make some salient (to him) point too often. He does though due to his comprehensive following of county cricket have more idea about what is going on than most and the right to an opinion on the issues of english county cricket- and for that to be taken seriously.