• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How will people In Australia get this game?

Retox

State Vice-Captain
I don't have a credit card. Paypal will not let me add funds from my bank (only withdraw them)

Retox

State Vice-Captain
I don't know why they didn't set it up so Australians and NZers could buy it off the net.

redbaron

Cricket Spectator
Count me out, just a database update with a few colour and changes for like 50-60 aussie dollars, no thanks.

Id rather spend it on Gta san andreas or something.

pearljammonkey

Cricket Spectator
count me out too. its not a database update - well not yet. ill wait to see if a sufficient patch comes out.

i just finished downloading the trial version for a second time to give it another go, and it says my 1 day trial has elapsed still! anyone know how to get past this?

darko21

U19 Debutant
Just bought it from childishthings through paypal on credit card (thank god for parents) and I am from australia. It may be a data update but it does have a few new additions. Able to play as Bangladesh would be a challenge. And it only cost $42 for me.

kof98

U19 12th Man
Retox said:
I don't have a credit card. Paypal will not let me add funds from my bank (only withdraw them)
I have the same problem and it won't be released in South Africa either.

musha_13

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
pearljammonkey said:
count me out too. its not a database update - well not yet. ill wait to see if a sufficient patch comes out.

i just finished downloading the trial version for a second time to give it another go, and it says my 1 day trial has elapsed still! anyone know how to get past this?
The program puts a thing on your computer so you can't do that.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
pearljammonkey said:

Use a different computer if you have one I guess...if you're that keen to play the game, just buy it though.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Retox said:
1 day is pretty stupid. Should have been a week. Atleast.
It's only meant to be a taste of the game, not giving a huge opportunity to the gamer to play for hours - as I said above, if you're keen to play the game, just buy it. If you don't have a credit card, maybe get someone to buy it for you?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And besides that, if you've said you're not going to buy the game anyway, what does it matter how long the demo is?

Retox

State Vice-Captain
Somerset said:
It's only meant to be a taste of the game, not giving a huge opportunity to the gamer to play for hours - as I said above, if you're keen to play the game, just buy it. If you don't have a credit card, maybe get someone to buy it for you?

I would like to test the game but since I haven't played it yet I can no not be sure of the reviews. If the trial was longer then a day (2-3 days) I could see if I wanted to buy it or not.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Retox said:
I would like to test the game but since I haven't played it yet I can no not be sure of the reviews. If the trial was longer then a day (2-3 days) I could see if I wanted to buy it or not.
One day is plenty - have you not downloaded that demo considering you haven't played the game?

surgeklick

Cricket Spectator
Same here, I downloaded it late at night, installed it at about 11:30pm, played for 45 minutes, then exited it. I tried opening it again and the 24 hour demo had elasped! What a load of ********.

I read on the official site FAQ it expires on midnight the night you install it, if I knew that I'd have started playing at 12:05am or something!

I love ICC2002, so I'm very disappointed the game didn't have more new features.