• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Racist is England?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Few of my friends have lived there and almost unanimously they speak bad things about their experiences in the UK. The same is not true for US where the people I have talked with have been generally happy.

The EU vote had a racist element to it which cannot be denied either as many did vote on the immigration and the hate spouted by the MPs.

On a daily basis, do people living there encounter racism in the country?

Son Of Coco

Hall of Fame Member
I experienced it when I was there. My mid-week Twenty20 shirt had 'Kylie' written on the back simply because I was Australian. Racist bastards.

harsh.ag

Hall of Fame Member
My stay was pretty good tbh. But have to admit most of my friends were of Indian origin (from different parts of the globe). Obviously England is way better than India when it comes to racism, so there is that, so perhaps I didn't notice as such.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Voting on the basis of immigration doesn't automatically make you a racist ffs.

In fact this entire thread is trash. Everywhere has unsavoury racist presences, but accusing the UK of being a racist state is pretty ****ing dumb.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Voting on the basis of immigration doesn't automatically make you a racist ffs.

In fact this entire thread is trash. Everywhere has unsavoury racist presences, but accusing the UK of being a racist state is pretty ****ing dumb.
You can't deny that at least a portion would have voted based on racist immigration attitude.

A country having racism or not, how much is not rubbish at all. It would be nice if we could discuss this properly instead of such drama, sledger.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
You're a ****ing idiot. The whole premise of the thread is moronic even by your dismally low standards.

TumTum

Banned
Racist is quite hip this year. Also xenophobe, must admit I haven't hear much of that word before.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It's not that big to discuss whether the racism in a particular country is rising, how it is etc. If you guys feel it's quite low, can be stated as such. No need to go up in arms about it. Heh.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
****ing atrocious thread, Pratters.

Frankly, it's a bit rich coming from you considering your thoughts on pesky Bangladeshis crowding the streets of kolkata. If this thread was meant as a joke, then it's a terrible one. Otherwise, the irony is absolutely stunning.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It's not an atrocious thread ffs. People I have known have talked in detail about racism they have experienced while living in the UK. Desis face racism there, I wanted to understand the extend of it and have a valid discussion on it.

It's not double standards either. My issue with illegal Bangladeshi immigration is that it is not done looking at sustaibility or rehabilitation - just vote bank policies which isn't good.

Any way if you guys don't want to discuss this topic, suit yourself. Pretty dire.

Son Of Coco

Hall of Fame Member
Look at the number of English people in here rounding on the bloke from another country...you're onto something Pratters.

Last edited:

zorax

likes this
Before I call Pratter a dumb **** I need to know if im going to cop an infraction on that or not. I assume punishments, if any, wont be severe given how terrible the thread is and how everyone seems to agree that Pratters is, in fact, a dumb ****. But I want to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.