• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Many People?

Lach

School Boy/Girl Captain
How many people do you tend to play with? Whats' your minimum number or your maximum? Do you have a set batting order or teams or the likes? Post here

Yours in cricket

Lach

Dingo

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
between 6 and 14 (one person fielding per 30 square metres or something like that at most, depending on the size of the backyard). that way you have at least four fieldsmen and you can dash off for a beer when it suits you and get old uncle Bill to field for you :)

[Edited on 10/29/01 by Dingo]

Lach

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah me and my brother play 1 on 1 sometimes when we're bored....It's betta when a few people are over though
yours in cricket

lach.

§hortŸ

Cricket Spectator
heaps, more fun as long as everyone gets a go. we even let my 7 yr old bro play, he doesn't get out till about 10 runs cause we dive 4 the ball but miss on purpose, it's so cool :D

sunburnt_spinner

Cricket Spectator
Well two players is a very common version around our parts. You just have to make fielders (e.g house, trees, over the fence, on the full are out) and make designated scoring areas to eliminate the need to run between the wickets. For example 3's and 4's behind the bowler cause thats the hardest to achieve being guarded by a live fielder. Give ones down to third man and fine leg. Two's through square and make certain shots (in the air) boundaries (due to higher risk). I'm not saying thats how things should be done. It's just the way we do it. ;)

sp_blocka

Cricket Spectator
Down here in old Adelaide its usually 1 on 1 in my parts. 10 Innings, 1 on 1, sometimes we have tests, but i dont play them, i lose in about 5-10 mins.

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Doesn't really matter as long as we have an even number but when my family plays, I'm the only girl who plays!! :cheesy: :D

[Edited on 6/12/02 by Eyes_Only]