• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How good is Gerhard Erasmus?

Briggs

Banned
Namibia's captain and perfect allrounder. Can bat, can bowl, can keep wickets and amazing captain as well. Can't wait to see him against big sides next year.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Where is in the rankings? Soon to take over Shakib's place as the game's premier all-rounder? Or Pavel Florin ahead of him in the reckoning?

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I probably follow Namibia closer than anyone currently active here and I genuinely can't recall Erasmus keeping wicket, even way back to his U19 days

Bloke is an absolute weapon though

Briggs

Banned
I probably follow Namibia closer than anyone currently active here and I genuinely can't recall Erasmus keeping wicket, even way back to his U19 days

Bloke is an absolute weapon though
He has few stumpings in career and when he was with Namibia team in 2012, He was a keeper.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Erasmus is actually not even in the top 5 all-rounders of the current T20 qualifiers. So random. Looks like a decent batsman though.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watching a replay of his innings against Singapore atm. Helped by some shoddy bowling and fielding, but **** he hits it cleanly.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
He bowls some quickish non turning offspin, it can certainly be handy but allrounder is a bit of a stretch. Quality batsman though, generally one of the more technically sound players in a batting lineup largely consisting of strong hitters, although he has certainly showed a bit more of a power game himself this tournament. Tactically he's pretty good too, although the Namibian leadership does seem to be a fairly collective effort.

I wonder how this current lot would have went against the 2003 World Cup squad

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He bowls some quickish non turning offspin, it can certainly be handy but allrounder is a bit of a stretch. Quality batsman though, generally one of the more technically sound players in a batting lineup largely consisting of strong hitters, although he has certainly showed a bit more of a power game himself this tournament. Tactically he's pretty good too, although the Namibian leadership does seem to be a fairly collective effort.

I wonder how this current lot would have went against the 2003 World Cup squad
He randomly got a couple to massively drift in this morning's game which was interesting.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea this Namibian side seems like a good T20 outfit. Big hitters throughout the lineup with a ton of bowling options. Erasmus spun a few too in yesterday's game.