• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How do you rate players like VVS Laxman?

Flem274*

123/5
gavaskar
sehwag (c)
dravid
tendulkar
kohli
laxman
dhoni (wk)
kapil
jadeja
kumble/zaheer depending on country
bumrah

sehwag is most fun captain so is captain. shami, srinath and ashwin all very close to this side. was a tough choice but i went for the left armer.

irfan

State Captain
gavaskar
sehwag (c)
dravid
tendulkar
kohli
laxman
dhoni (wk)
kapil
jadeja
kumble/zaheer depending on country
bumrah

sehwag is most fun captain so is captain. shami, srinath and ashwin all very close to this side. was a tough choice but i went for the left armer.
Reckon Gill has the potential to displace Sehwag at the top of the order. Only time will tell.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Laxman was also pushed to open early in his career as Indian middle order had Dravid, Tendulkar, Azhar and Ganguly. From the time he was given a consistent run in the middle order, he came on his own. Averages 48.5 when he is not opening.

Even in his debut test match, he showed glimpses of how much of a clutch player he really is. Scored a high quality 51 on a difficult pitch in a match more famous for Srinath's 6/21 bowling out South Africa for 105 chasing 170.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm surprised we still had Hirwani playing for us as late as '96. Thought he played a handful of Tests in the late 80s and disappeared.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I'm surprised we still had Hirwani playing for us as late as '96. Thought he played a handful of Tests in the late 80s and disappeared.
Yeah like with Maninder Singh we kept hoping he'd rediscover the old magic but Hirwani without a bunsen burner of a pitch and extra pounds to boot was never going anywhere.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I rate Laxman so highly tbh. Don’t GAF who other people rate ahead of him or whatever, they’re entitled to their view.

But he almost always stepped up against Aus (which is all that counts, let’s face it) and was awesome to watch while he did it. Genuinely one of my fave player of all time. Dravid my other fave of that era of Indian players, albeit very different sort of batsman.

Socerer 01

International Captain
someone on cricinfo did some fancy stats analysis and it turned out that Lara and Laxman were two of the best batsmen at being the best at playing well when the going was tough

Laxman is the perfect 5. can get you runs in a pinch in a normal day and when the need arises can save your ass with a great knock

Kirkut

International Regular
Superb against spin, pace and bounce but a walking wicket against inswing.

You can wake up Shabbir Ahmed from his deep sleep and ask him to bowl, he would still knock his off stump within a couple of overs.