• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
John Terry took mutual termination for £2.1m, considering he was on £150k a week for 4 years that's an absolute bargain. No-one is interested in signing him, which is hilarious. :D

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Haha, ripping up Chelsea and starting again proving to be quite fun.

Out:

Ashley Cole - Man City - £25m
Frank Lampard - Man City - £20m
John Obi Mikel - Inter Milan - £20m
Didier Drogba - PSG - £17.5m
Branislav Ivanovic - Dortmund - £14.75m
Ramires - Malaga - £12.5m
Nicolas Anelka - Sevilla - £6.75m
Salomon Kalou - Atletico Madrid - £6m
Hilario - Bayern Munich - £1.5m
Paolo Ferreira - Atletico Madrid - £1.2m

In:

Hulk - Porto - £29m
Marek Hamsik - Napoli - £27m
Philipp Lahm - Bayern Munich - £26m
Mats Hummels - Dortmund - £25m
Gregory van der Wiel - Ajax - £12m
Christian Eriksen - Ajax - £6.5m
Milan Badelj - Dinamo Zagreb - £4m

Still got £30m to play with. Tempted to release John Terry on a free tbh.
Released John Terry, sold Malouda for £12.25m to PSG and have brought in Rodwell for £21m, Shaqiri for £10.5m and Neymar for £40m. Spreading payments over 48 months ftw.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Bugs me when players come to you and complain about the lack of playing time they're getting and you say "I'll let you go at the end of the season", and they respond by saying "I can't wait that long!" and their morale goes down, and you're sat there thinking "well, the January transfer window just closed, so what the hell do you want me to do about it now?!".

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Released John Terry, sold Malouda for £12.25m to PSG and have brought in Rodwell for £21m, Shaqiri for £10.5m and Neymar for £40m. Spreading payments over 48 months ftw.
Hahaha, what's your squad harmony like? I find bringing it more than three new signings to the first team of a club all at once seriously detriments match performance for a while, as is only realistic I suppose. Just wondering if you were experiencing this as well.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Bugs me when players come to you and complain about the lack of playing time they're getting and you say "I'll let you go at the end of the season", and they respond by saying "I can't wait that long!" and their morale goes down, and you're sat there thinking "well, the January transfer window just closed, so what the hell do you want me to do about it now?!".
I'm sure I'll have something similar to moan about when I go back to my Dortmund game - Shinji Kagawa wants a move to a bigger club (and since I've got Eriksen, Perisic and Leitner all competing for the position, I'm not fussed), I've said sure thing and transfer listed him. Except no-one has yet put in a bid for him, he "would prefer a move to Barcelona" (ok then), doesn't want to play in the Bundesliga and the only teams interested in him are Werder Bremen and some other side. So I'm looking forward to him moaning about breaking a promise I made to him.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'm sure I'll have something similar to moan about when I go back to my Dortmund game - Shinji Kagawa wants a move to a bigger club (and since I've got Eriksen, Perisic and Leitner all competing for the position, I'm not fussed), I've said sure thing and transfer listed him. Except no-one has yet put in a bid for him, he "would prefer a move to Barcelona" (ok then), doesn't want to play in the Bundesliga and the only teams interested in him are Werder Bremen and some other side. So I'm looking forward to him moaning about breaking a promise I made to him.
Another thing in this vein which is rather annoying, is the effect a team meeting can have on the morale of the squad seems to be totally random. After winning 10 games in a row I called a team meeting to tell the players how well things have been going recently, and to say well done. Only problem is, some **** like Armiche pops up and says "we're not deserving of this praise" (and I think "I know you're not you useless ****, you're too ****e to get in the team") and morale takes a big hit. I then say "I'm not happy with your reaction", and morale plummets even further. Conversely when you call a meeting to give a bollocking after a dreadful run of results I often get the reaction "we're not going to get anywhere with that sort of attitude", morale falls. Annoying.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Hahaha, what's your squad harmony like? I find bringing it more than three new signings to the first team of a club all at once seriously detriments match performance for a while, as is only realistic I suppose. Just wondering if you were experiencing this as well.
Sitting at 50%. Had a good pre-season, mixed in some piss easy early games and the more "glamourous" home games towards the end. Smashed Roma and Malaga 5-0, so pre-season has been good.

I started the game in June, not July, so I'm wondering if the extra time is paying dividends, instead of signing players then chopping and changing during pre-season.

Haha, the fans' transfer confidence is sitting at 43% - mainly because I've been letting all the icons go. The decision to release Terry is sitting at 2% and the fans regard it as an "aberration".

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, the fans' transfer confidence is sitting at 43% - mainly because I've been letting all the icons go. The decision to release Terry is sitting at 2% and the fans regard it as an "aberration".
:laugh:

I had that problem when I released David Albelda, despite the fact that he only started one first team game in his final season, the fact that he was old and knackered, and the fact that his contract had expired, the fans were aghast that I let him go. The fact that I sold a youth player with (allegedly) huge potential to Real Madrid was considered good business, however. Hmmm.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Likely lineup for first match vs QPR:

GK Petr Cech

DR Gregory van der Wiel
DL Philipp Lahm
DC Mats Hummels
DC David Luiz

MC Raul Mereiles
MC Jack Rodwell

AMR Hulk
AML Marek Hamsik
AMC Juan Mata

ST Neymar

Quite a few debutants.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thought Malaga were supposed to be rich now? Reward for coming 4th was a 1 millon transfer budget for this coming season.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Good luck repeating 4th with that kind of budget...try and get Balotelli on loan like I did. City always seem willing to loan him out after the first season I find.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Punt your deadwood.

You'll probably get a decent budget for January if you can get into the CL.

John Terry watch: 6 weeks after his release and no-one has signed him. :cool:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Something I find quite funny about the contract negotiations stage, is that occasionally with an Agent who isn't a complete dick, they open by saying something like "my client would like a deal worth £35,000 p/w", and you counter by offering them £1p p/w, and you get the response of "this is a promising start to negotiations, but we will need to make a few improvements" or whatever. Hmmmm, yes.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I find it is a lot more difficult to be honest, not to win games or find an effective tactic etc... But the divisions in general seem to be a lot stronger. In my Valencia game there are about 8 teams who are all vying for a top 4 place, each within about 4-5 points of one another. Doesn't make good reading considering the fact that I have to play Real Madrid and Barcelona away in the next two weeks.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I find it quite difficult to keep clean sheets, although it's probably a consequence of how attacking my tactics are.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I find it difficult to keep clean sheets AND score goals, although that's probably a consequence of being Coventry.