• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Herath retires

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's not TPC. I don't know how many times we have to go over this.

But it's a shame to see him go all the same. Top quality bowler. He'll be missed.

Shri

Mr. Glass
394 test wickets after turning 31? Why wasn't he Murali's support bowler for the decade before that?

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe he couldn't get out of a shift at the bank

i've spoken at length about my appreciation of Rangana Herath at length on this forum, particularly during my first iteration as a poster here back in 2013-15 when he was really peaking. His ability to lift the whole side, and fight using whatever means he had at his disposal, a very unassuming character who proved that having a handle on the basics meant much more than strength of variety or raw skills.

Bijed

International Regular
Man, I love His Roundness so much that even if he inflicts a humiliating defeat on us in his final test I'll just be happy for him, rather than sad that we've lost.

Last edited:

vcs

Most universally loved cricketer on here after Dale Steyn I think. Not bad considering he bowls gentle finger spin.

Daemon

He's so good that SL implemented a no fatty and no biscuit policy and he could still retain his place

flibbertyjibber

Sad that TPC is retiring. World cricket will miss him but Sri Lanka will find it bloody hard to replace his roundness.

Bijed

International Regular
394 test wickets after turning 31? Why wasn't he Murali's support bowler for the decade before that?
Shows how impressive Sri Lanka's bench strength was back then tbh

I mean, a bench would have to be pretty strong to support Herath