• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Headingley ticket advice

Tannhauser

Cricket Spectator
I’m looking to buy tickets for two days’ play at the Pakistan test match in June.

This will be my first visit to Headingley, and I’m looking to avoid:

(a) Pissed people
(b) Pakistan fans blowing horns into my ears

With that in mind, where should I be looking to sit?

Thanks in advance.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
They usually have a alcohol free family stand. Sometimes they have a special Barmy Army area so I'd advice avoiding that. If not, usually the drunks buy the cheapest seats.

Last edited:

Tannhauser

Cricket Spectator
They usually have a alcohol free family stand. Sometimes they have a special Barmy Army area so I'd advice avoiding that. If not, usually the drunks buy the cheapest seats.
You don't need to have kids with you to buy a family stand ticket, do you?

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
You don't need to have kids with you to buy a family stand ticket, do you?
No. You just buy tickets as per normal. It is just somewhere there is no booze allowed. I suspect there will be a lot of Pakistani supporters there.

a massive zebra

International Captain
The Barmy Army and their drunken wannabes usually congregate within the White Rose Stand, previously called the West Stand and the Western Terrace.