• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hashim Amla- the most misleading odi stats ever

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Remember having a row over Sachin's legacy with him back in 2013 summat. Hasn't been seen in CC since.
Do us all a favour - go over to the politics subbie and argue with him there. With any luck it'll have the same effect.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Dhoni would have been a lock in 2013, he had the advantage of having a much faster scoring rate compared to Bevan + being the keeper. Now it's sorta even - stevens between him and Gilly, and no neither De Kock nor Buttler are anywhere close to the level of these two for now.
That will be a good reason to argue Dhoni is not a lock in ATG ODI XI. Rather than the lazy and lame "didn't perform outside the subcontinent"

TheJediBrah

Completely irrelevant to anything being discussed here. Dumb comment
Yeah that's sunilz

and ftr Burgey, h_hurricane seems to be very level-headed and sensible generally speaking. He definitely shouldn't be compared to a lot of the other Indian nationalists that have invaded the forum.

Can i also say that Gilchrist is not a lock in AT Test XI if matches are played in Asia and England ?
Batting records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPNcricinfo.com
That Australia-shaped chip on your shoulder keeps getting bigger and bigger doesn't it? You don't have to respond to everything you perceive as negative on India or an Indian player by coming up with any irrelevant analogy you can think of that nobody cares about regarding Australia. It's getting really sad

Last edited:

Burgey

Don't contradict me, TJB. Ever. You know better than that.

Besides, I am looking forward to sunilz explaining how Kiran More gets the nod with the gloves in the all time World XI.

sunilz

International Regular
Yeah that's sunilz

and ftr Burgey, h_hurricane seems to be very level-headed and sensible generally speaking. He definitely shouldn't be compared to a lot of the other Indian nationalists that have invaded the forum.

That Australia-shaped chip on your shoulder keeps getting bigger and bigger doesn't it? You don't have to respond to everything you perceive as negative on India or an Indian player by coming up with any irrelevant analogy you can think of that nobody cares about regarding Australia. It's getting really sad
:laugh::laugh:
Read the first reply of this thread . Talk about being so insecure .
http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/78833-sehwag-greatest-player-spin-hisory-game.html

TheJediBrah

very ironic. Stating the obvious, like that post, isn't being insecure

you bringing up this random post now however, is really insecure

Don't contradict me, TJB. Ever. You know better than that.

Besides, I am looking forward to sunilz explaining how Kiran More gets the nod with the gloves in the all time World XI.
you need to give credit where it's due. Implying that h_hurricane is just as bad as sunilz and co. invalidates all of your (very accurate) derision of these other guys

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can i also say that Gilchrist is not a lock in AT Test XI if matches are played in Asia and England ?
Batting records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPNcricinfo.com
Wowsers. I was expecting you to haves dug up a sliced and diced set of stats that showed Gilly averaged 20 or something. You literally posted a set of stats that shows he had 5 tons in 23 tests averaging almost 40.

You missed my entire point anyway which was not that Dhoni sucks. Only that his reputation is built largely on his exploits in Asia and that if you're building an ATXI for ODI cricket you have to consider the role that they fill. So Dhoni isn't an automatic pick, particularly outside Asia. You have to consider if picking Gilchrist+Bevan is a better option than picking Dhoni+Jayasuriya. And in Asia, Dhoni+Jayasuriya is a better bet. But outside the subcontinent you're probably better off with Gilchrist+Bevan.

harsh.ag

It's really difficult for me to pick Bevan now. Even though I saw how good he was live. Even though I know he was capable of kicking into a higher gear.

Burgey

Is there much footage around of that knock Bevan played for the ROW vs an Asian XI or whatever it was, when he went ****ing beserk and made a massive ton?

harsh.ag

Is there much footage around of that knock Bevan played for the ROW vs an Asian XI or whatever it was, when he went ****ing beserk and made a massive ton?
Yeah there is on YouTube. It was awesome. 185 if I remember correctly.