• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Harsha Boygle

slippy888

International Captain
I always liked his honesty and he just like good cricket to be played even though he a Indian and Indian fan, he similar to Tony Cozier the great West Indian commentator

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Bhogle is clueless when it comes to modern day cricket... Needs to start better analyzing than acting like a fanboy up there. But still take him over annoying Murli Kartik & Deep das who is crying every second ball

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bhogle is clueless when it comes to modern day cricket... Needs to start better analyzing than acting like a fanboy up there. But still take him over annoying Murli Kartik & Deep das who is crying every second ball
Kartik and Das are fine imo. I think Sunny needs to be sent out to pasture, really.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Let's be honest. There are very few good commentators out there. Bhogle asks good questions and always talks more like a student of the game. I would take that over the others who either don't care enough or are confidently incorrect or talk utter non sense.

Sunil Gavaskar once criticised Axar's test selection and talked every negatively about him. I was following Axar's career at the point and he was miles ahead of other SLA bowlers in the Ranji games + he was handy with the bat and a gun fielder. Axar was not part of the playing XI in that series and was not picked again for a very long time. Wonder how much those negative comments had impacted the selector's decision to keep him out coz people really ate it up at that point of time.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
He's just part of Indian cricketing furniture for me. Gets on my nerves more often than not, but he's the best of a very bad lot.

If I remember right, Charu Sharma was similarly well-spoken. Maybe less of a cricket nerd and allround dork than Bhogle but he showed far more restraint when paired with ex-cricketers. Bhogle doesn't know when to stfu.

Gob

International Coach
He's just part of Indian cricketing furniture for me. Gets on my nerves more often than not, but he's the best of a very bad lot.

If I remember right, Charu Sharma was similarly well-spoken. Maybe less of a cricket nerd and allround dork than Bhogle but he showed far more restraint when paired with ex-cricketers. Bhogle doesn't know when to stfu.
Sanjay is far better for me

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Let's be honest. There are very few good commentators out there. Bhogle asks good questions and always talks more like a student of the game. I would take that over the others who either don't care enough or are confidently incorrect or talk utter non sense.

Sunil Gavaskar once criticised Axar's test selection and talked every negatively about him. I was following Axar's career at the point and he was miles ahead of other SLA bowlers in the Ranji games + he was handy with the bat and a gun fielder. Axar was not part of the playing XI in that series and was not picked again for a very long time. Wonder how much those negative comments had impacted the selector's decision to keep him out coz people really ate it up at that point of time.
I'm not a massive fan of him these days, I loved him when he first started doing ABC radio over here. But I do give him credit for the bolded at least. Despite the fact he's been a commentary regular for decades now, he hasn't assumed he's some sort of expert and is still prepared to ask the "expert" commentator for their views rather than supply his own. Fair play to him for that.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member

I generally like all ex cricketers. May be I don't know enough to tell when they are BSing. But Bhogle's poetic BS is too transparent.

"To the new generation, Pujara is almost a curiosity"
"He is like a bird. He will not be caged"

?‍♂

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Ffs if Pujara's a bird he's got to be a turkey.

Another downright rude habit of Bhogle's is when he initiates a discussion and the other guy responds, expecting something of a back-and-forth, but Bhogle just ignores him and goes "right, so 47/3 blah blah" :censored: