• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Happy birthday Jimmy

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
This had snuck up on me actually, but he's turned 40 today.

This isn't a bad read. His figures since turning 30 are especially spectacular.

And it's been a while since we've seen someone over 40 playing for England. Probably Gooch and Emburey in 1995.

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain

And it's been a while since we've seen someone over 40 playing for England. Probably Gooch and Emburey in 1995.
Alec Stewart was the last 40-year-old to play for England, in 2003; Gooch at 41 and Emburey at 42 were the last before that.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Happy birthday champ

I love his career trajectory

Promising talent-wasted potential-getting back on track -home track bully-world class-english great- all time great

akilana

International 12th Man

This isn't a bad read. His figures since turning 30 are especially spectacular.

easily an ATG bowler.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Suspected, but didn't know about the stats of how rare this kind of feat has been in Test cricket. Amazing accomplishment for Anderson to be bowling at this high standard even to this point.

Bolo.

Bolo.

Les Jackson is just cheating. Was wondering if anyyone knew who the answer without stats

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Just how good is Jimmy? At 35, he was averaging 28 and many seem to rate him as if he is still averaging around that much. He is pulling Hadlee/McGrath like numbers since turning 35. Didn't break it down with and without clouds though, so idk.