• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hampshire Hawks soaring to the top[ICC 2005 Story]

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
So I decided to make a Hampshire ICC story, after a average 1st season with Warne Katich and Pietersen gone for most of the year I decided to let some players go and sign some new ones, the shock retireing of my spin twins Warne and Udal gave me a dillema, no more spinners.
Katich didnt bring what I wanted from him(although he averaged around 40, he didnt play many match winning innigses) the other problem was my lack of openers, although Michael Brown had quiet the season 1478 runs @ 50.97 with 6x100 and 5x50 with a highscore of 235. His partners didnt really Impress (Pothas and Kenway) although Pothas didnt do as good as I hoped he still did oke with a average around 36 and about 45 dismissals about 10 stumpings!
Kevin Pietersen had a extraordinary season with the Bat both for Hampshire and England
2303 runs @ 59.05 with 9x 100 and 8x 50(hs 170*) with 3 100s in a row!
For england : 1127 @ 46.96

My 2006 Squad:
James Adams 2nd team avg: 38.10
Christopher Benham 28.17
Gregory Lamb 42.00
Kevin Latouf 36.49
Kevin Pietersen 175.00
Lawrance Prittipaul 46.93
Sean Ervine 69.25
Ricky Ponting -
Michael Brown 30.29
John Crawley -
Derek Kenway 113.00
Nic Pothas(1st keeper)
Adrian Mascarenhas
Shahid Afridi
David Griffiths 36.61(bowling)
Richard Logan 28.95
Alan Mullaly
Billy Taylor 24.9
James Tomlinson 38.14
Christopher Tremlett
Larry Young 27.77
Stewart O'Reilly(regan renamed orig. Joseph ****er) 29.47
Richard Johnson(playing for England now signed him for Somerset(i think)

Last Year's Finishes:
CC: 2nd
NL: 6th
Challange Thorphy QF
20/20 Quater Final

This years aims: County Championship Champions.
National League top 3 finish
Win the Challenge Throphy
Quater Final 20/20

1st match of the season:
Lancashire NL.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
The 1st game of the season wasnt what we call a succes Lancashire in the name of Andrew Flintoff made a hugh total and the 1st ball duck for both Adams and Ponting killed us. Crawley and Mascarenhas both played brilliant innings but couldnt win it for us

steds

Hall of Fame Member
You didn't use my name! :-O The one you've got is nowhere near as good as Hampshi*e: My low life southern hell hole story

Last edited:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
2nd match FC this time against last year champs Nottinghamshire, we had some last season rivalery to clean, and it was Hampshire's turn to huminiate them :)
Nottinghamshire started with batting both Tremlett and Mascarenhas were succesfull.
Hampshire's return lead by the most brilliant 223* ive ever seen by Ricky Ponting(debut knock) with no catchable shots(2 lbw appeals 3 played and missed)
next innings Notts made 370 with Johnson leading us.
we needed 136 in less then a hour the ealy departure of Brown saw Ponting come in and win us the game 4 overs before the end! what a game!
MOM: has to be Ricky!

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
another OD game.
we lost the toss and were put to bat. again a early departure(2nd ball ) of Brown saw Ponting come in(and he never left) scored a good ton with Adams supporting him well.
we only managed to make 202, we decided to give young Leg spinner and Bill O'reilly's grandson Stewart a chance and he took it with both hands(who said spinner domination was over in ICC?!) 3/42 and some excellent bowling from the young lad.
though it was not enough and Nottinghamshire won.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
This time it was Kent turn to feel the power of Hampshire and this time it was Pietersen's turn to show he's in form.
good bowling from Afridi and again good batting from the same man gave us a good prospect of winning this one, and in the end it was a easy win

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
1st round of the Challenge cup was a trip to Bedfordshire, we lost the toss and were put to bowl on a very flat track. some okayish bowling only got them to 190+ which we easly made, with Pietersen playing a fine knock.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Stupid loss, I really wanted to win and hoped that 290 would be enough with 2 sessions to go. not. :(

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Finally a OD Win!
O'Reilly takes wickets! although going for 8n over! haha
Good win

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Lol Kweekinator, in my Hampshire game Tremlett, Peiterson, Adams, Pothas and Kenway rock, Pothas in particular because he averaged about 60 before he retired. Mind you, your team here seems to be alright, so keep up the good work.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Another excellent win from us! in the 2nd round of the Challenge cup with Kenway finding One day form, hopefully he can keep it for the FC and the rest of the season.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
We started well by winning the toss on a flattrack hoping for a highscore.
after 178/9 I was fearfull of losing the match. 89 runs later O'reilly's grandson scores his maiden FC 50! on debut! and got us into a decentish 260 all out.
Good bowling from Afridi Tremlett and! o'Reilly 23-4-63-2 saw Essex crumble to 248 all out
we batted again and Pietersen showed form with his 2nd 100 this season
we declared for 366 all out. with less then a day play I hoped that we could bowl them out.
we couldnt strike fast enough and the game ended in a draw, O'Reilly 21-5-61-1 making his collection complete by taking both the Flower brothers in 1 game

Graham

3rd Umpire
You're on a roll now! :p

If you're really lucky, you might lose your form players to the national side! :laugh:

Seriously though, keep it up. You're going well. :)

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
ya, cheers Graham!

A lot of rain forcasted for this match and we got it...9 hours lost to it.
It was Ponting's 200th FC match, so he had to do something special and he did.
although I rate O'reilly's game higher with 5-62 and 41*.
it was a boring game with Ponting's innings as highlight(I have to say that o'reillys innings was great too)

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Oke, face it our OD form isnt up to standerd, I knew that. but this is pathatic and we need to do better, thats for sure :( Ponting played well so did Afridi. but the rest esp the bowling let us down(O'Reilly went for 8 n over!)