• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hair on elite umpiring panel

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Found this on www.news.com.au

What does everyone think??

Eyes

Hair on elite umpiring panel
By Robert Craddock
18mar03

AUSTRALIA's Darrell Hair has won promotion to international cricket's elite umpiring panel.

The ICC is set to announce today that Hair will join South Australia's Darryl Harper on the panel formed a year ago and initially comprising eight umpires.

Zimbabwe's Russell Tiffen was in danger of being the first umpire dropped from the panel after a poor showing in Tests between Australia and England in Melbourne and unimpressive World Cup.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
he umpired a game in australia - england vs Sri lanka at the SCG - i went to that game and im sure he was umpiring

Bazza

International 12th Man
Interesting.

Well I agree with it. We need a few more to reduce the workload a little, but Hair is a respected and experienced umpire and is welcome in my book.