• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"Guys" draft

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Commissioned in reverence to the amazing thread started by @Shady Slim. "Guys" only. What is a guy I hear you ask? Slim was kind enough to provide an excellent explanation...

a guy is a player who’s mediocre, but is not exceptionally so. a guy comes along and gets internationals, but isn’t in the team for 5+ years as a fixture. a guy can have great innings, great patches, but if you’re a guy then you’re not the glue that holds a team together. a guy is someone who you are looking at old scorecards and you remember oh, wow, yeah, he was a guy! he existed! this guy was on my tv at one stage!
I'm gonna add the caveat that eligible players must have played international cricket from the 80's onwards.

Anyone wanna have a pop at this light-hearted draft idea?

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Innn.. welcome back Jimmy ☺
Cheers brother. My posting here pretty much dropped down to a trickle due to my job becoming so busy during the previous year. I am a signwriter by trade & ended up getting contracted by the local council where I am from who were desperate to get a whole bunch of covid signage installed (keep your distance/hand sanitizer here, all that kind of jazz). Plus I ended up spending a lot more time on the road doing deliveries thanks to the strict lockdown rules which were enforced upon Melbourne a few months ago. Was insanely busy for a while there.

Wasn't really watching much cricket either, but I recently had a friend move in with me who is a massive cricket nut & found myself watching lots of cricket with them. A good time to start watching, mind you. The current Aus/Ind series has been enthralling, as well as the NZ/Pak & RSA/SL series'.

Hope everything has been well with you too my man.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Can you pick players who were guys in tests but better in other formats?
Hm, that's a tough one. I'm gonna say nah, cause then you'll have a bunch of people picking players like Bevan or Afridi, which kinda goes against the vibe of the draft.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Cheers brother. My posting here pretty much dropped down to a trickle due to my job becoming so busy during the previous year. I am a signwriter by trade & ended up getting contracted by the local council where I am from who were desperate to get a whole bunch of covid signage installed (keep your distance/hand sanitizer here, all that kind of jazz). Plus I ended up spending a lot more time on the road doing deliveries thanks to the strict lockdown rules which were enforced upon Melbourne a few months ago. Was insanely busy for a while there.

Wasn't really watching much cricket either, but I recently had a friend move in with me who is a massive cricket nut & found myself watching lots of cricket with them. A good time to start watching, mind you. The current Aus/Ind series has been enthralling, as well as the NZ/Pak & RSA/SL series'.

Hope everything has been well with you too my man.
I am doing ok too. I can work from home and it has been an interesting last 10 months, lol. Hopefully we are all slowly pushing back to normal as this year goes on.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I am doing ok too. I can work from home and it has been an interesting last 10 months, lol. Hopefully we are all slowly pushing back to normal as this year goes on.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but you have a young daughter don't you? If that's the case then at least it must have been nice to spend more time with her.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but you have a young daughter don't you? If that's the case then at least it must have been nice to spend more time with her.
Yeah that part has been awesome. Unfortunately, while she is used to my wife working from home, she thinks me being home is exclusively only to play with her. Had a tough few months at work, as a result. :)

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Alright-a-roonie, may as well set this mutha off. Just a couple of, I suppose, guidelines I'd like to run through first.

- The idea here is to still pick the best possible XI, but your team should be dripping with the guy factor from top to bottom. Who is & is not a guy is a tad subjective, so if someone makes a selection that the majority of us feel isn't a guy, that person must then re-pick.

- Eligible guys must have played any form of international cricket from the 80's up until now. White ball only guys are allowed, but keep in mind this is a Test draft.

- 8 hour time limits.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
R1

Himannv
Pothas
honestbharani
trundler
ataraxia
jimmy101
Prince EWS
morgieb