• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Guards of Honour

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
It can be a nice touch, would like to see all the opposition batters padded up and giving one to an ATG bowler as he takes the field though.

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
They are definitely an great show of respect. Almost brought a tear to my eye when the South Africas formed one for Ponting.

I don't mean to sound horrible but I'm not sure that Hussey really deserved one. Don't get me wrong, he has been a champion for Austalia and well deserving of handshakes from everyone when he gets out for the last time. But if anyone and everyone gets a guard of honour when they retire it kind of loses it's meaning.