• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group H - Portugal, Ghana, Uruguay, South Korea

Who will qualify from the group?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I really hope the domestic game follows suit
Ditto. Although what I really want is for referees to get brave with their yellow cards and start booking players who are at it.

Refs could also probably do with a crash course in basic time keeping as well. In our last game before the break Leon King got caught on the back of the head and was concussed, and it took 8 minutes to treat him and stretcher him off.

The 2nd half also had 2 goals, substitutions and an extensive VAR check for our penalty which we equalised from.

Total added on time? 9 minutes.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ditto. Although what I really want is for referees to get brave with their yellow cards and start booking players who are at it.

Refs could also probably do with a crash course in basic time keeping as well. In our last game before the break Leon King got caught on the back of the head and was concussed, and it took 8 minutes to treat him and stretcher him off.

The 2nd half also had 2 goals, substitutions and an extensive VAR check for our penalty which we equalised from.

Total added on time? 9 minutes.
There were a lot of suggestions about rugby-style clocks and so on, which might work, but the obvious first step was to enforce the rules as they are and see how that works out.

It's interesting that they roll out these changes for the first time at World Cups. I thought it was strange because why would you experiment on the biggest possible stage? But I suppose getting the entire world to shift simultaneously is a massive challenge, and this is the only football that literally everyone pays attention to.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Korea running game then go 2 down from the first 2 Ghana attacks. Alan Hansen needs to come out of retirement to tell us about the "Bad defending"

ripper868

International Coach
thoroughly enjoying having these o in the background, nice bit of resilience from Ghana to find the 3rd, jsut as it seemed Korea may run away with that momentum

ripper868

International Coach
don't think Korea can complain that there was no time left for the final corner there, took 30 seconds to put the ball forward again 30 seconds after the 10 minutes was up.

Ridiculous behaviour from coach and players towards an official, i get emotion, but that's a bit **** from them.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
don't think Korea can complain that there was no time left for the final corner there, took 30 seconds to put the ball forward again 30 seconds after the 10 minutes was up.

Ridiculous behaviour from coach and players towards an official, i get emotion, but that's a bit **** from them.
It would have served them right if the ref had done a Clive Thomas, blowing up for full time as the corner made its way into the penalty area.

Everton Seymour

U19 Debutant
Ghana vs Uruguay will be a tasty encounter, a grudge match from that epic 2010 WC quarterfinal with the main antagonist Luis Suarez still playing..I wouldn't be surprised if we saw redcards in that game .

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Shame the Uruguay player missed his big chance, all for a team taking advantage of a defender going down 'injured' and playing on. More of this please.