• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F - Ireland, Pakistan, New Zealand, Sri Lanka

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Petering out now.

Very professional job from the Lankans; team most likely to beat SA for mine. Lack of batting depth the obvious flaw in the side tho.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Petering out now.

Very professional job from the Lankans; team most likely to beat SA for mine. Lack of batting depth the obvious flaw in the side tho.
Sri Lanka to score 130 in the final, Smith and Kallis to choke on pies and the rest to choke against Mendis, Murali and Malinga.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Said this a number of times but who has Tanvir been playing to have such a good first class batting average? He can't bat.

Alam isn't much cop as well.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Cricinfo.
I personally believe thats not the only problem pakistan has, pakistan has a major problem with their openers, akmal is the correct choice but i cant understand why they didnt play shehzad, salman butt is struggling badly and they could afford to go with ahmed shehzad in this match since it was not a must-win game and this change wouldnt have made the slightest of difference considering salmans bad form.

The other problem is their lower order, afridi is struggling badly with the bat so they obviously need to drop him further down the order and should have given fawad alam or sohail tanvir a proper chance. They need to score atleast 9 runs per over for the first 6 overs especially knowing the lower order is completely out of sorts so they need a good start then it would allow the middle order to play their normal game without too much pressure.

Kensashi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Alam out Razzaq in, IMO. I wonder if Imran Nazir is available, Nazir + Akmal as openers should be a pretty decent combo!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Said this a number of times but who has Tanvir been playing to have such a good first class batting average? He can't bat.

Alam isn't much cop as well.
Pretty sure Tanvir scored runs for South Australia last seasons and Royals before. Mainly played for Rawapindi (sp).

Alam a better long form batsmen for mine then limited overs. He not suited to batting so low in limited overs matches.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Pretty sure Tanvir scored runs for South Australia last seasons and Royals before. Mainly played for Rawapindi (sp).

Alam a better long form batsmen for mine then limited overs. He not suited to batting so low in limited overs matches.
Alam is a nudger would be ideal for overs 7-14 the openers lack of intent in first 6 is costing is the main issue.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Haha what kind of supporter are you? No matter what happens to my team, i always want them to win every game.
this team can't win a game even against minnows they look stretched want this misery to be over sooner rather then later. The lack of planning is shocking knowing that 3M will be bowling 12 overs between why no urgency was shown to attack the other seamers during PP is baffling.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Silva is becoming a mess. Shoudl have Maharoof, who's able to clear the boundries coming in lower order.