• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F - Belgium, Canada, Morocco, Croatia

Who will qualify from the group?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lukaku was a classic case of a great player who is not match sharp. A fit Lukaku scores a hat trick today.
He's not a great player though is he? in that bracket of very good, but yeah not sharp.

Bit odd that Lineker was still saying the match was a stinker after the second half, first half yes, but the second-half was fun despite being goaless.

ripper868

International Coach
Croatia just have a way of making it work sometimes don't they? Belgium can't blame any but themselves, wonder if they'll do a full refresh for next WC, kind of need to be default.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Croatia just have a way of making it work sometimes don't they? Belgium can't blame any but themselves, wonder if they'll do a full refresh for next WC, kind of need to be default.
Lots of this team will retire, but they have *no one* coming through. In two years most of their team will be guys we haven’t even heard of. A few years ago there were 7 or 8 starters with a legitimate claim to be the best player in the world in their position. They completely blew their shot.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Lots of this team will retire, but they have *no one* coming through. In two years most of their team will be guys we haven’t even heard of. A few years ago there were 7 or 8 starters with a legitimate claim to be the best player in the world in their position. They completely blew their shot.
In fairness, although I've criticised him, 4 years ago they narrowly lost in a semi final to France. Win that and they win the World Cup.

The 2016 Euros and losing to Wales was ****ing criminal.

edit: look at the players and look at their ages. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup_squads

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In fairness, although I've criticised him, 4 years ago they narrowly lost in a semi final to France. Win that and they win the World Cup.

The 2016 Euros and losing to Wales was ****ing criminal.

edit: look at the players and look at their ages. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup_squads
Oh yeah I think Wilmots was the worst international manager I’ve ever seen.

I’m not a fan of judging international managers purely on results. They play too few important games. Loew and Deschamps both went all the way and I don’t rate either.

Belgium got close in 2018, but they were a pretty bad team, far less than the sum of their parts. Japan and Brazil absolutely battered them in the knockout games they won. And when you watched them it was blindingly obvious that their main advantage was individual talent and their main disadvantage was terrible coaching.