• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E : Switzerland, Ecuador, France, Honduras

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Props to the excellent refereeing at the end to give the advantage to Switzerland. Some whistle happy referees would have blown the whistle and deprived us of a great twist.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Five games have had a side come from behind to win already this year. Was only 4 last year in total apparently.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
31 goals from 9 games. At the same point in South Africa four years ago there had been 15 goals.

Too early to say it's the best World Cup since '82? :ph34r:

Seriously, it's already the best since '98 though, surely. And it's day 4.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
That's a ****ing huge crack in the studio glass over Poyet's shoulder. Locals already taking shots at Chiles?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
31 goals from 9 games. At the same point in South Africa four years ago there had been 15 goals.

I feel like 2006 was getting really rave reviews after the first few days too and then it fell away pretty hard later on. But yeah it's the best start to a world cup I've ever seen I think, almost every game has been great.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think '94 had a decent start, but practically all the big K/O matches were poor.

Yet, this one is by far the best start I remember.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member

Guardian:

Apparently this is the first time since 1934 that there have been no draws in the first nine games.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Really rate France. Reckon they'll have a good tournament.

edit: Or just lose all three games. Normal France stuff.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Very conflicted about this game. On the hand, it's France and them losing is never less than pant-wetting, but on the other it's Honduras and, based on the evidence of their friendly versus us, they fully live up to the "filthy Latin hackers" stereotype.

As a tie-breaker apparently Najar is American really (well raised there anyway), so might even be backing the French here.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I think '94 had a decent start, but practically all the big K/O matches were poor.

Yet, this one is by far the best start I remember.
The final was pretty pap but there were a few good matchups in the KO rounds.

Germany getting beaten by Bulgaria was hilarious, Netherlands v Brazil was a classic and I'm sure Romania were involved in a couple of good games.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The final was pretty pap but there were a few good matchups in the KO rounds.

Germany getting beaten by Bulgaria was hilarious, Netherlands v Brazil was a classic and I'm sure Romania were involved in a couple of good games.
Dicked the Argies after the fat little cheat was pinged for whatever pharmaceutical ****tail he was on at the time.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Rules that would improve football:

When an opposition player is raking his studs down your leg or other such ****ish behaviour, you should be allowed one free shot at him.