• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E - Belgium, Italy, Republic of Ireland, Sweden

Which teams will qualify from this pool?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have to say that Italy completely dominating a team with much better individuals bodes well for Chelsea next season.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Apparently he doesn't actually like 3 at the back he's just done it at Juve/Italy because of the players he's had available

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Have to say that Italy completely dominating a team with much better individuals bodes well for Chelsea next season.
Belgium have been pretty tepid though tbh. They continue to strike me as a group of individuals rather than a proper team, just bereft of any collective strategy. I remember thinking this two years ago during the WC, and wondered if they might have got it together a bit in the intervening period, but so far it seems like it's just more of the same.

Edit: Not meaning to take anything away from Italy of course - they've been pretty good, and fun to watch too.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tell you what, I wouldn't mind Arsenal throwing in a cheeky bid for Barzagli. Great player.
The back three are all world class, but I don't think I can remember the last world-class Italian to leave Italy at their peak.

Forgot Carrasco is on the bench for Belgium, this is even worse than I thought. De Bruyne played out of position to get Fellaini in at 10 and Carrasco out, that's incredible. The team picks itself and he picks a totally different one.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The back three are all world class, but I don't think I can remember the last world-class Italian to leave Italy at their peak.

Forgot Carrasco is on the bench for Belgium, this is even worse than I thought. De Bruyne played out of position to get Fellaini in at 10 and Carrasco out, that's incredible. The team picks itself and he picks a totally different one.
Lorenzo Amoruso.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Barzagli has been really good for years. Probably better now than he ever has been previously, but it's weird how he's only recently been getting mainstream recognition.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Third stoppage time goal I've seen and third time the game has ended virtually dead on the 'minimum stoppage time' (which has been 3 minutes every time).

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Ooft. What a counter.

What a very Italian performance, kept Belgium completely at arms length. Aside from France I reckon that's easily been the most impressive performance of the tournament so far.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, great job Italy. Great performance. Belgium really pedestrian.

For once I agree with the BBC pundits entirely. One side played like a team, the other just played like a bunch of headless chickens. Very disappointing really - was hoping Belgium might really be good.