• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - New Zealand, South Africa, Scotland

Briony

International Debutant
The kiwis have a chance in this form of the game because they're always competitive with a good attitude and they have some big hitters and allrounders which are suited to this format. It's in the longer form where their lack of depth tends to find them out.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
anyone sees an upset here too????
for me, no chnace, but same i said in England VS Netherlands

Athlai

Not Terrible
Was England losing that surprising? It isn't like they have ever done much in the T20 game.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Was England losing that surprising? It isn't like they have ever done much in the T20 game.
it is surprising, ENGLAND loosing to netherlands
BIG BIG SURPRISE
but to be honest, here in Pakistan, People like england alot, so they are saying why did broad not throw the ball
they could have won in Super OVER
but
i have a feeling, it will not be england, it will be Pakistan going home
cuz england may beat Pakistan by 30 runs or so
Pakistan will beat netherlands but with that margin to cover, it will soooooooooo difficult

Flem274*

123/5
The kiwis have a chance in this form of the game because they're always competitive with a good attitude and they have some big hitters and allrounders which are suited to this format. It's in the longer form where their lack of depth tends to find them out.
Thanks Little Miss Patronising

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
I guess it's raining there
we may 've a shortened match
but i do hope there'll be match

slugger

State Vice-Captain
10.45am Some important news from Andrew Miller in London. If the game does get underway, Brendon McCullum will lead New Zealand, as Daniel Vettori has had an injection on his shoulder. He'll miss the game. Martin Williamson, our Executive Editor, who lives around ten miles from the Oval, says it has stopped raining and is brightening up. So we may, after all, have some play. Fingers crossed

pasag

RTDAS
Guys, one of the NZ squad members, Peter McGlashan, writes a great blog for our site. Check out his latest entry (link) and leave a comment for him (which he always reads).

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How widespread is the bad weather? Have to admit that I don't really care about the cricket, I'm asking because I'm worried about the track for Derby day.

profernity

U19 Debutant
Seven overs a side? Huh. On one hand, I always like to watch NZ play. On the other, a Seven7 "match" really is taking the piss. Then again, this may be a really close contest.

Last edited:

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
So, we are gonna get some seven-seven.

Pretty silly having the 2nd game at the same venue in the afternoon, and not at night. Then the 3rd game at night at a different venue. Surely having the game at the different venue be in between the two games makes more sense....

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
So, we are gonna get some seven-seven.

Pretty silly having the 2nd game at the same venue in the afternoon, and not at night. Then the 3rd game at night at a different venue. Surely having the game at the different venue be in between the two games makes more sense....
Why?

I wouldn't want to hang around in a ground for over 4 hours before the next game starts. Back-to-back is the way to go (for ticket auidences), just that the weather in the UK makes that sometimes hard to have.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
7 overs a side is taking the piss though. Scotland capt should have dragged his heels and tried to get a no-result.