• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D: Mexico, Iran, Angola, Portugal

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Come here to chat about the real Group of Death, with the Angolans and Iranians to go at each others throats for the title of "Most Tyrannical Dictator as decided by a soccer match

Teams are Mexico, Iran, Angola and Portugal.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Interestingly, Iran vs Angola is the England fans 4th Group game - expect the group to be full of England fans!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
As nailed on as Christ on the cross, really can't see any surprises here. Very charitable draw for yer Portugese & Mexico should make the 16 where they'll undoubtedly lose to anyone half-decent who they play (possibly Argentina).

Angola to finish third.

1) Portugal
2) Mexico
3) Angola
4) Iran

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Mexico and Iran, or Portugal and Mexico

or Iran and Mexico.

Portugese to either top group or fail magnificently, with their old colony Angola nicking a 1-0 win over them. Ali Karimi could be interesting for Iran.

Half of me wants Iran to flop, seeing as their dictator appears a little mindless, half wants them to win - to displease the second most mindless man in the world.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty tough group for Portugal if you ask me, Angola might be awful but colonial ties and hatred for it Portugal is paramount, expect fireworks when these two teams face off. Iran are a very decent and attractive side, most of the boys play in Germany and it will be nothing more than a home tie for them. Mexico are a very good side and expect them to progress. Portugal and Mexico but Iran could sneak second.

Craig

World Traveller
Portugal but Iran get in on goal difference (like Euro 2004 where Italy missed out...)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
1. Portugal
2. Mexico
3. Angola
4. Iran

No idea about Angola and Iran, but this is a ridiculous group. I demand Portugal & Australia be swapped...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Robertinho said:
1. Portugal
2. Mexico
3. Angola
4. Iran

No idea about Angola and Iran, but this is a ridiculous group. I demand Portugal & Australia be swapped...
lol if only, to be fair though Mexico are a pretty good side...
not to mention digging up the demons of the past if we have to play Iran...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
TT Boy said:
Pretty tough group for Portugal if you ask me, Angola might be awful but colonial ties and hatred for it Portugal is paramount, expect fireworks when these two teams face off. Iran are a very decent and attractive side, most of the boys play in Germany and it will be nothing more than a home tie for them. Mexico are a very good side and expect them to progress. Portugal and Mexico but Iran could sneak second.
Same Iran that lost 3-0 to QPR last year?!? :huh:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
Same Iran that lost 3-0 to QPR last year?!? :huh:
No, more like the Iran which beat Bosina (5-2), Costa Rica (3-2) and drew with the Croats (2-2).

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Robertinho said:
Why exactly?

Portugal >>>>>>>>> Australia.