• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - Germany, Australia, Serbia, Ghana

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ah, the overwhelming Scandanavian seriousness.

Glad you missed me. I never gave you a thought :)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thank God Archie Thompson didn't take the shot, would have missed the stand.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
For those thinking it might be a Rick Roll'd, it's the STUFF HISTORY ad campaign.

analyst

U19 12th Man
Serbia to finally reach the second round along with Germania, I don't think Essien or Kewell can inspire their teams to the next round.

slippyslip

U19 12th Man
Serbia to finally reach the second round along with Germania, I don't think Essien or Kewell can inspire their teams to the next round.
Whats Kewell got to do with it? Cahill is FAR more important to Australia than Kewell.

Then again, everyone said Australia would NEVER get past Croatia in 2006.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Whats Kewell got to do with it? Cahill is FAR more important to Australia than Kewell.

Then again, everyone said Australia would NEVER get past Croatia in 2006.
Would love to see the Roos advance, but you have a stiffer ask this time around. Admittedly you have no Brazil, but Germany are no mugs and there's no obvious weak link like you had with Japan either. Serbia qualified ahead of France and knocked out Romania.

It's possible, but I'd take Serbia and Germany to top the group.

slippyslip

U19 12th Man
Would love to see the Roos advance, but you have a stiffer ask this time around. Admittedly you have no Brazil, but Germany are no mugs and there's no obvious weak link like you had with Japan either. Serbia qualified ahead of France and knocked out Romania.

It's possible, but I'd take Serbia and Germany to top the group.
Croatia's record at international level, plus their rankings going into 2006 was far far far stronger than what Serbia's record currently is. I dont really care if Serbia qualified higher than France. I mean, France's record has been so great since Zidane retired? France had to handball to get past Ireland. A few weeks earlier Australia and Cahill destroyed Ireland.

Ghana lost to Egypt in the African Nations Cup. Essien didnt play in the final but Egypt couldnt even qualify for the world cup. I doubt that one player is going to make that much difference.

Then again, everyone said Spain would absolutely thrash the USA in the sem-final of the Confeds cup, didnt they? How did that turn out?

Australia's best feature is that our national team isn't full of high profile wankers like Rhonaldhino and Ronaldo (not Fat Ronaldo but wanker Ronaldo). A lot of the European teams, players and, especially the fans, are so arrogant its a joy to watch them fall.

slippyslip

U19 12th Man
Kidding ourselves if we think we're getting out of the group stage.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Bet you said that about the USA in the semi-final at the Confeds Cup.

Remind me how that turned out.

Theres no way we can get past Serbia and Ghana. THEY HAVE CHELSEA PLAYERS! I mean, Chelsea are so awesome they won ... how many Champions League titles lately?

I mean, Serbia really set the world on fire at Euro 2008 didn't they? Oh, thats right. They couldnt even qualify. That POWERHOUSE, Poland, qualified ahead of them. POLAND.

But, yeah, CHELSEA players! We're doomed.