• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D Discussion - Ukraine, Sweden, France, England

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Someone tell me how blatant professional fouls (stopping a counter attack) like that one just on Young are not rewarded with a yellow card?

grecian

Cool, they both used the phrase dangerous area right after each other, the good thing was the "dangerous area" that Tyldesley was talking about was the keepers arms.

I think I made a bad decision not to drink this match.

Scaly piscine

Are England the only ones who haven't figured out that their left wing guy always cuts inside?

We seem to be still playing as if Carroll is up front to win the aimless lofted balls. Ukraine have an incredibly high line, they should be looking to get in behind not the aerial crap.

Scaly piscine

Young still being **** then.

Would rather play one up and let Walcott and Ox run at or beyond their back line.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
**** me, Milner is on the field - I'd genuinely forgotten that until he just gave away that goal kick.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Christ, Rooney's miss looks even worse on the replay. Free header, no pressure at all FFS.
Throw in the number of times he's given possession away for no discernible reason, and he really is having an absolute smeller.

Terry and Gerrard holding us together, afaics. The rest of the back 4 have been OK, and Young, surprisingly, has been acceptable. But Milner once again looks out of his depth, and Welbeck, for all his liveliness, hasn't contributed anything of note.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Ha ha, even Wayne looks embarrassed to be claiming that.

Brilliant work from Stevie G there - he's been superb this tournament IMO.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Ha ha, even Wayne looks embarrassed to be claiming that.

Brilliant work from Stevie G there - he's been superb this tournament IMO.
I think that tonight has been one of his best performances for us, in terms of actually doing the job he's paid to do.