• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - Germany, Ukraine, Poland, Northern Ireland

Which teams will qualify from this pool?

• Ukraine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Northern Ireland

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Most of the teams at that tournament were to be fair. Early 90s tournaments, with the exception of USA 94, were mostly terrible in terms of the football on offer.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Most of the teams at that tournament were to be fair. Early 90s tournaments, with the exception of USA 94, were mostly terrible in terms of the football on offer.
Italia 90 was dull and plodding. Think it was largely responsible for the backpass rule being brought in? And then three points for a win came into international tournaments with the 94 WC, which was pretty good, and after that the next couple of Euros and WCs were great.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know some were better than others but I've only ever known international tournaments to be various levels of incredible. Was only a few months old for Italia 90 though.

Poland competing really well here. Referee is doing a great job too, not letting the tactical fouls go without a booking, even when Khedira made one in the first couple of minutes.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Italia 90 was dull and plodding. Think it was largely responsible for the backpass rule being brought in? And then three points for a win came into international tournaments with the 94 WC, which was pretty good, and after that the next couple of Euros and WCs were great.
Indeed, I can't remember if Euro 92 was the first tournament where the back pass rule was used or the last one with the old rule.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah first properly bad game of the Euros, draw suits both teams though so not really surprising.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Just seen a video of the fan reaction to the 2nd goal and the final whistle at the Titanic Quarter fanzone. Jealous as ****.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Germany more sterile than Spain have ever been in that, I know a draw was fine for them but Poland could easily have won.

So happy for Stuart Dallas, would have even better if he was still with us.

Scaly piscine

What even is the point of Mario Götze's existence anymore. Useless ****.
Makes sense he's linked with the CDMs. Giroud, Götze and the CDMs. That would take the laughably incompetent but brilliant super-villainy up another notch I think. From Dick Dastardly to James Bond stuff, not one of the better ones though. Maybe that media mogul one off Die Another Day.

ripper868

International Coach
Abshadbfjbalkb (not sure on spelling) Milik really should have tucked home 2 goals, especially that thing that came off his nose. worst part is, he's one of my strikers in my work fantasy competition, and I'm the only one with him. 2 goals would have sent me to the lead!

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Makes sense he's linked with the CDMs. Giroud, Götze and the CDMs. That would take the laughably incompetent but brilliant super-villainy up another notch I think. From Dick Dastardly to James Bond stuff, not one of the better ones though. Maybe that media mogul one off Die Another Day.
In English?

Scaly piscine

Glad to hear Furball has managed to learn some English.

Germany creating a few chances here. Obviously not learnt anything from England.