• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C - England, United States, Algeria, Slovenia

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, well done England. Got to love how the media have now reverted back to the "England back on track to win World Cup" crap though. Morons.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bloody USA.

Anyway that was a good enough from performance from England

Just got back from the pub, going to carry on drinking and hope Ghana can somehow win

grecian

Bloody USA.

Anyway that was a good enough from performance from England

Just got back from the pub, going to carry on drinking and hope Ghana can somehow win
agreed with a;; this, hardly read it actually, but i've been drinlkng since about 12, so i'lltake your comments as clever stuff. and we're claer;y better then yanksn

fredfertang

Having watched every minute of the awful performances against the USA and Algeria, and then having been in a meeting all this afternoon and missed the game completely, I fear I may be an albatross so after much soul searching have decided it is in the national interest for me not to watch England again at this world cup - any ideas as to what I can do to keep myself otherwise occupied while we are playing?

cpr

International Coach
Watch the tennis instead, i'm sure the Mahut v Isner game will still be on on Sunday.....

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Having watched every minute of the awful performances against the USA and Algeria, and then having been in a meeting all this afternoon and missed the game completely, I fear I may be an albatross so after much soul searching have decided it is in the national interest for me not to watch England again at this world cup - any ideas as to what I can do to keep myself otherwise occupied while we are playing?
Probably just an unfortunate coincidence, better watch the game to be sure though.

Steulen

International Regular
Good 15 minutes from England where they should have scored a second goal, but overall still a pretty weak game imo. Slovenia got their just reward with the US kicking them out in the last minute.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Why diid we play i t to the fufmcing corner ar the end?
Probably fair enough at that stage of events. The real question is why Lamps, Gerrard & Rooney all missed good chances to sew the game and the group up.

Apparently our likeliest sequence now is Germany, Argentina, Spain and finally Brazil.

Last edited:

chalky

International Debutant
Probably fair enough at that stage of events. The real question is why Lamps, Gerrard & Rooney all missed good chances to sew the game and the group up.

Apparently our likeliest sequence now is Germany, Argentina, Spain and finally Brazil.
A walk in the park

cpr

International Coach
They don't play at Wimbledon on Sunday else an ABE style comment about a certain Scottish gentleman might have slipped from my keyboard
Got a feeling that match may continue on into sunday, came off court at 59-59 IIRC.... lost count though.

grecian

I'm still a bit pished, so I may have mentioned this before, but an interesting stat is that England have qualified every year we've got though to the finals since '66, and we've kept a clean sheet in two of the three games, each time.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Watched all three England games, and wondered each game if Beckham was playing, whether England would have won have won all three games due to his passing and crossing abilities.

Granted, the goal Defoe scored was from a cross, but it's amazing how poor England's general passing, crossing, corners and free-kicks are without him.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah Beckham would have made us worse. Although Gerrards corners are almost as bad as Beckhams, he maybe only fails to beat the first man 85% of the time to Beckhams 90%.