• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group C: Colombia, Greece, Ivory Coast, Japan

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Urgh, Greece are even more turgid than I remember them.

Hopefully the red card will lead to Japan getting a goal. More likely it'll just mean Greece stick more people behind the ball though I guess.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hoped for a lot more from Japan at this tournament.
I was too, but I was last time round as well. I kind of get the feeling that they really struggle when playing away from Japan. They've not really kicked on from doing quite well in 2002, but they always play quite nicely and have a few handy players, they always just seem to be missing something as well.

Spark

Global Moderator
That's a colossal miss by Okubu (I think). As in, I'm amazed he managed to miss by that much from that distance.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Japan's gameplan is rubbish. There's no point crossing into the box like they're repeatedly doing. All the Greek defenders are about a foot taller than most of the Japanese attackers, they'll cut those high balls into the box out all night.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Don't care what Martin Keown says, that was not a "quality finish" for the Greece goal. Ivory Coast keeper totally botched and dived underneath it.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Agreed. Keeper went down far too early, made it a far easier finish.

Need Ivory Coast to turn this around, got them in the sweepstake at work. Need Yaya to step his game up in the 2nd!

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Just so stupid that Keown said the greek guy "lifted it over the keeper", he did nothing of the short. It was just a shunt straight down the middle of the goal, it would have hit the keeper had he just stood there, not quite sure how he managed to get out of the way of it. Basically did the complete opposite of the "stay on your feet, make yourself big" thing every keeper gets taught as a kid. Not wishing to be a broken record, but this tournament really has had more than it's fair share of terrible goalies.