• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B: Spain, Netherlands, Chile, Australia

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I can't be the only one who thinks Leckie's WC has been massively overrated? Can't remember him doing much of **** all tbh. Runs around a lot.
Been **** this game, but his second half against Chile and the whole game against Netherlands were really good. Obviously relative to expectations though, final product still nothing particularly special but did way more than I think anyone would have expected.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
More like the level of performance I expected in all three games before the tournament. Worst thing about the game definitely Craig Foster.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Holland difficult to warm to (mainly because they get the Brazil treatment from the commentators all the time, despite being a team that is massively physical and workmanlike), but they were pretty impressive there. Really professional job. Robben's involvement in the second goal was fantastic as well.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Robben has actually become quite likeable for me recently due to the pure hilarity of the haters/doubters. Taste it everyone else.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
More like the level of performance I expected in all three games before the tournament. Worst thing about the game definitely Craig Foster.
Yep, I'd go one step further and say Foster is the worst thing about Australia's World Cup.

There's definitely something to work with going forward, but this game highlighted how much we'll miss Bresciano & Cahill when they hang up the boots.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
The performance was what I feared without Tim. Village defending again but just clueless in the final 3rd. Needs to be a lot of work on first touches going forward. Tim will be a massive loss. Taggart was shocking and rightly hauled off.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Bit disappointing to go out with a whimper like that. Will always remember the game against Holland though. :)

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I know Holland did enough to win but liking them less to win the whole thing after watching it. I hope the entertainment isn't replaced by defensive pragmatism for the knockout games. I can see it being done I just hope it's not every match.

the big bambino

International Captain
Bit disappointing to go out with a whimper like that. Will always remember the game against Holland though. :)
Yeah it was but Spain showed some real touch eh? Actually very proud of what the lads achieved despite losing all 3 games. Kind of looking forward to the Asian Cup now.