• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B: England, Paraguay, Trinidad & Tobago, Sweden

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Pedro Delgado said:
Aye. Have been unfortunate enough to listen on occasion :wacko: .

It's great for Brazil and Parry (even when I disagree with him he's funny) Hawksbee and Jacobs chat about cricket a fair bit too.
The former get on my **** immensely but H&J are good for laugh. James Whale's reactionary and sensationalists rants at night can also be rather amusing.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pedro Delgado said:
Aye. Have been unfortunate enough to listen on occasion :wacko: .

It's great for Brazil and Parry (even when I disagree with him he's funny) Hawksbee and Jacobs chat about cricket a fair bit too.
Hawksbee and Jacobs are brilliant.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
No. They all neglect Rugby League in almost equal measure. Going by the coverage in the national papers, you'd never guess it was a popular sport with regular 10,000 - 25,000 crowds and regular internationals held in the country.
I think you're being a but harsh on League Express there.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
steds said:
No. They all neglect Rugby League in almost equal measure. Going by the coverage in the national papers, you'd never guess it was a popular sport with regular 10,000 - 25,000 crowds and regular internationals held in the country.
Guardian's prob best of bad bunch. Andy Wilson's column is usually fairly good value.

You get the feelin a lot of broadsheets cover League holding their noses. Sad really. :mellow:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Pedro Delgado said:
Stop reading that rubbish, it decreases sperm count, makes you die younger and can damage pregnancy. And it makes you vote Tory, which is a fate worse than death.
Wow, good to see that the Labour voter can be swayed so easily. Shows a real commitment to the cause. I guess it should carry a warning "Non-Tories stay away as your fragile minds can be corrupted"- :unsure:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Interesting to see the expected side for Sunday.

When I saw Hargreaves as right back, I assumed Rio won't play, so Carragher will move inside.

Carrick, Lampard and Gerrard looks good though IMO...

Barney Rubble

International Coach
marc71178 said:

When I saw Hargreaves as right back, I assumed Rio won't play, so Carragher will move inside.

I heard Carragher was being dropped in favour of Hargreaves, and that Rio was expected to play. Interesting.

Cloete

International Captain
marc71178 said:

That's interesting.

Can you put the full side in? Does that mean you guys wil play with 5 across the middle?

Craig

World Traveller
How did Liam rate his own countries effort's at the World Cup?

I thought they did pretty well, I mean I would have considered their 0-0 result with Sweden as likely as Lance Armstrong being best friends with WADA chief Richard (****) Pound) and I had half thought England might score a few against them as well.

But alas I was wrong and am happy to say so.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
well Carragher deserves to be dropped after his Sweden performance, would have preferred Sven to move Beckham to right back (let's face it he's nearly as much experience as Hargreaves playing there) and bring Lennon in, seeing as he won't drop Beckham.

Craig

World Traveller
Has Hargreaves actually played there?

I certaintly remember him playing there for Real Madrid.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
superkingdave said:
He played there in the B international after which he attributed a poor performance to "never playing there"
Not really fair on Hargreaves to play him there, really. If he's plop it gives more ammunition to the knee-jerk Hargreaves is crap brigade. No coincidence that when he played in the position he occupies for Bryan he looked like an international class defensive midfielder.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Cloete said:
That's interesting.

Can you put the full side in? Does that mean you guys wil play with 5 across the middle?
Apparently

Robinson

Hargreaves
Ferdinand (Campbell)
Terry
Cole

Beckham
Lampard
Carrick
Cole

Gerrard

Rooney

Would prefer Carragher to Campbell as cover for Rio, but I guess we have to thank Neville's injury for Carrick getting the call.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
superkingdave said:
well Carragher deserves to be dropped after his Sweden performance, would have preferred Sven to move Beckham to right back (let's face it he's nearly as much experience as Hargreaves playing there) and bring Lennon in, seeing as he won't drop Beckham.
If Beckham was better defensively that might work.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BBC think it's going to be...

Code:
                Rooney
Cole                             Beckham
         Gerrard Lampard  
                 Carrick
Cole  Ferdinand  Terry Hargreaves
                Robinson
With the wide Cole + Beckham getting forward and at other times Gerrard and Lampard getting forward in what's basically an attempt to not leave Rooney isolated.

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Matteh said:
BBC think it's going to be...

Code:
                Rooney
Cole                             Beckham
         Gerrard Lampard  
                 Carrick
Cole  Ferdinand  Terry Hargreaves
                Robinson
With the wide Cole + Beckham getting forward and at other times Gerrard and Lampard getting forward in what's basically an attempt to not leave Rooney isolated.

there's one problem with that, Beckham doesn't get forward, he'll still stand near the half way line and launch 40 yard balls

Craig

World Traveller
BoyBrumby said:
Not really fair on Hargreaves to play him there, really. If he's plop it gives more ammunition to the knee-jerk Hargreaves is crap brigade. No coincidence that when he played in the position he occupies for Bryan he looked like an international class defensive midfielder.
You know I'm not flash at spelling, in fact I was talking to Cloete the other day on MSN and parts of it was error after error, but it is Bayern :p