• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - England, Iran, USA, Wales

Who will qualify from the group?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm quite conflicted by this England team as there's a lot of players I like.

If Southgate could drop Bellingham for Grealish that would be lovely.
No ta, Bellingham and Foden are two of the best players I have ever seen play for us and should play every game. This Bellingham kid is exceptional.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So do y’all think there’s any chance the US has against Netherlands?
I don’t think this is controversial, but we’ll see if others disagree - I’d say England are comfortably better than Netherlands at the minute so a similar gameplan and you never know.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Rashford getting a bit overhyped on comms tonight but thought England were pretty good. Plenty of upsets in other groups so shouldn't take for granted how comfortably we've topped ours.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
England will win this world cup. Rashford/Saka/Kane/Grealish/Foden are simply too good for big teams like Brazil & France

USA was a test, it didn't work and we moved on
This is going to be an African World Cup. Morocco and Ghana will go through and hopefully do well. Senegal will knock England out on penalties.

Tom Flint

International Regular
He was fine at us when he was actually fit enough to take the field.

It was sad watching him at times because he's still evidently a class player, it's just also really sadly apparent that his body won't or can't do what he wants it to do.
It is sad as he was well liked at us and still is but he didn't have the clout with his injury record to ask for 300k a week, but when ozil got 350 they all wanted the same. It proved a good decision from arsenal as he spent the next 3 years in Italy playing less than half the games through injuries. I'm glad he got his memories in the 2016 euros as he always put a shift in and deserved it

Socerer 01

International Captain
It is sad as he was well liked at us and still is but he didn't have the clout with his injury record to ask for 300k a week, but when ozil got 350 they all wanted the same. It proved a good decision from arsenal as he spent the next 3 years in Italy playing less than half the games through injuries. I'm glad he got his memories in the 2016 euros as he always put a shift in and deserved it
the decision to stop handing out those big contracts after Ozil with the exception of Aubameyang has been so good in Arsenal's development over the years

Socerer 01

International Captain
you see the difference in United who are still struggling to manage their wage bill due to highly paid relics from the past while Arsenal appear to have a smooth ride now

Tom Flint

International Regular
I think the others will end up on contracts 200k + but they are all young and working towards that. Martinelli and saliba will have to be on that soon or could go imo. The main thing is we've stopped signing on renewing contracts of injury prone players, our midfield at one time included diaby cazorla wilshere Ramsey rosiscky Walcott chamberlain + others I've probably forgotten. They all garunteed 4 months out. Now a smaller but stronger/fitter sqaud. Anyway gone well off track here.
Senegal will pose a threat, koulibaly was so good today

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don’t think this is controversial, but we’ll see if others disagree - I’d say England are comfortably better than Netherlands at the minute so a similar gameplan and you never know.
Netherlands were very good at Euro 2020 and just sort of had a game where things went wrong against the Czechs. In this tournament they look totally mediocre. I don’t rate Van Gaal. Anything close to the performance the US put in against England should see them through.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I don’t rate this Dutch team either. The biggest issue the US will have is scoring. Both sides missing a striker really. I can see a 0-0 that goes to penalties already.