• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Argentina, Nigeria, Korea Republic, Greece

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, I get the feeling that the England display later on will just be an improved version of this actually, but actually grinding out the win. They don't have Beckham to rely on for set pieces these days I suppose though.

chalky

International Debutant
Greece just gave the ultimate awful England performance, totally leaden footed, mistakes at the back, no creativitiy, only looked threatening from set plays.

A good thing in my opinion, no matter what England produce it will be better in comparison.
At least we don't give up though Greece threw in the towel after the first goal.

Can't ever remember us being dominated in a major tournament since Holland in 88.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well England have Rooney to make the midfield look better than they are.

Anyway getting back to the thread I'm not going to expect anything from Nigeria. If you expect anything from an African side you'll inevitably get disappointed. Hopefully it'll be a good game to watch, been pretty dull so far.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
@ Upper****.

Still doesn't cut it I'm afraid. And I know you're really concerned about my opinion of you, so I'd strongly reccomend you start rooting against Argentina.

And pretty sure this is Mick McCarthy commentating, that has so made my day.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
McCarthy's a clown. That was an awesome header and Messi already looks ridiculously good.

Scaly piscine

Hmm Messi needs to actually hit the ball for variety, is a bit predictable curling everything into the far corner.

Pothas

@ Upper****.

Still doesn't cut it I'm afraid. And I know you're really concerned about my opinion of you, so I'd strongly reccomend you start rooting against Argentina.
Love Argentina myself :)

Love Veron, watched Robin Hood yesterday and he is in it. (posing as a French villain)

Xuhaib

International Coach
good to see the special one has come to play unlike the special one of 2006(Ronaldinho)

Sir Alex

Banned
Pathetic finishing so far by both teams, especially Argentina. I hope they hit the gas right on time to lift the last World Cup I'd see.

cpr

International Coach
Get Higuin off and Milito on.... Got this as a 3-0 on my score predictor.... Got money on this ****s!