• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - Australia, Bangladesh, England, New Zealand

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Does Shakib make it to the Australian team? or even state sides?
He'd bat 6 in a side with 4 quicks imo.

Strongest Aus-Bangladesh combined XI I can come up with:
1. Tamim
2. Warner
3. Renshaw/Mominul
4. Smith
5. Handscomb
6. Shakib
7. Nevill
8. Pattinson
9. Starc
10. Cummins
11. Hazlewood

12. Lyon/Mehedi

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He'd bat 6 in a side with 4 quicks imo.

Strongest Aus-Bangladesh combined XI I can come up with:
1. Tamim
2. Warner
3. Renshaw/Mominul
4. Smith
5. Handscomb
6. Shakib
7. Nevill
8. Pattinson
9. Starc
10. Cummins
11. Hazlewood

12. Lyon/Mehedi
1) what is a mominul
2) you're off your rocker if you're playing Tamim ahead of Khawaja or S.Marsh, or a dozen other better players.

you can keep Shakib in if it means we can get rid of Lyon

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Khawaja's a spud, SMarsh is mediocre vs pace, and Tamim has been class for the last 2-3 years. And at 28 he should be entering his peak as a batsman.

No guarantee Tamim would succeed in the Aus side, sure, but if he magically became eligible tomorrow I'd say he deserves first crack.

If we extend it out to a squad of 15, Bangladesh get a bit more of a showing IMO. Mominul the reserve bat, Mushie the reserve keeper (#AnyoneButWade), Fizzy the reserve quick (more as a point of difference than genuinely rating him ahead of depth Aussies who are basically like-for-like with the four picked), and a shootout between Lyon and *****'s boi Mehedi for the second spinner slot.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is what you get when Aus keeps ducking the Bangas.......the fair weather fans have nfi about them.
I know at least 3 of their players, Tamim Imran, Shaquib Hosain and *****

probably would recognise a few others if I saw their names

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
Funny how Australia came 4 overs close to qualifying. Bangladesh may have got bowled out for 182, but with a better batting order, they could've quite easily scored more than 250. Imrul and Shabbir at 3 is a no-no for me. Either Imrul for Sarker or Mushfiqur at 3. You can't have 2 inexperienced players batting at the most important positions of 2 and 3. No wonder Bangladesh loses quick wickets at the top.

cnerd123

likes this
FACT:

Bangladesh have won more Champions Trophy matches this edition than Australia have won in the last two editions combined.

Australia finished the 2013 edition winless, with losses to India and West Indies and one no result.

In total, Australia have lost 3 out 3 completed games across the last two editions, with 3 No Results.

Bangladesh, FTR, have 1 win, 1 loss and 1 NR.

So yea, if you still believe it's a 'farce' that Australia didn't make it to the Semis but BD did, then I don't know what to tell you.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
In last 3 international tournaments held in England (2009 World T20, 2013 Champions Trophy, 2017 Champions Trophy), amount of wins Australia has managed: 0