• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greatest 0's of All Time

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fair enough; serves me right for not checking. Perhaps it all felt inevitable when we were already 4-0 down. Agnew vs. any of those guys rather sums it up. I remember Marshall being astonishingly fast. We couldn't see his deliveries at all, and only knew where they had gone by seeing where Po**** had been hit. Perhaps the happiest outcome for Po**** was that he stayed in the squad for the winter tour of India where he did well enough and we won.
I was excluded from school in the Summer of '84: which I remember being a sunny one; advise youngsters to do the same; so remember so much of this series vividly Terry, Lloyds injuries the relentlessness of the Windies bowling, Marshall, Garner, Holdings relentless brilliance flashing stroke play of their bats, but I honestly don't remember much of this test, maybe I'd given up by then. You were right despite our good start it seemed inevitable what followed.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
One that I remember most (it's not famous at all) was Alan Ward in 1976 against the West Indies. We needed 250 odd to win and were 150 odd for 8. He stuck around and added nearly 50 with Greig without scoring himself and just for a brief second the impossible was on (impossible in those days - not quite so today).

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not sure if it’s been mentioned but didn’t Godfrey Evans make a 90 minute plus duck back in the day?

Howe_zat

Audio File
I ran a statsguru earlier and the longest ducks are still under an hour in tests, but he could have done it in county cricket.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
On a different note, the most famous zero could be the mighty Don's duck in his last test innings. It may not be the greatest but quite possibly the most talked about.

Some of the other less known zeroes.

Garry Sobers had a duck in his only ODI match.

Tendulkar scored ducks in his first 2 ODI innings.

Bijed

International Regular
On a different note, the most famous zero could be the mighty Don's duck in his last test innings. It may not be the greatest but quite possibly the most talked about.

Some of the other less known zeroes.

Garry Sobers had a duck in his only ODI match.

Tendulkar scored ducks in his first 2 ODI innings.
In a similar vein, Marvan Atapattu's five ducks in his first six test innings (with the other score being 1)