• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greatest 0's of All Time

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think there was a decent one by terrible bat Percy Pocock against the fearsome Windies attack, at the Oval I think. that was much appreciated for bravery.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The number of tests england has won in Australia since 2010, or SL has won here ever.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Fawad Alam. 10 years out of the side while being absolutely dominant at 1st class level them returns for a 4th baller.

Hope he does well in the 2nd innings and them the 3rd test.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I think there was a decent one by terrible bat Percy Po**** against the fearsome Windies attack, at the Oval I think. that was much appreciated for bravery.
1984. I was there actually, and Pocock took an absolute pummelling the morning after coming in as night watchman. It was kind of heroic, but had absolutely no bearing on the result.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Graham Onions secured a draw in this match by blocking 11 deliveries against Morkel and whoever was bowling at the other end.

He'd done something similar in the first test of the series too, but did score one run in that innings.
The draw in the 3rd test maintained our 1-0 series lead, but unfortunately we were thrashed in the fourth and final test.

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
1984. I was there actually, and Po**** took an absolute pummelling the morning after coming in as night watchman. It was kind of heroic, but had absolutely no bearing on the result.
TBF to him, in the context of the Test, not series, he probably thought it might, we did bowl out the windies for 190. Agnew's debut, Marshall, Garner, Holding good luck mate.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
TBF to him, in the context of the Test, not series, he probably thought it might, we did bowl out the windies for 190. Agnew's debut, Marshall, Garner, Holding good luck mate.
Fair enough; serves me right for not checking. Perhaps it all felt inevitable when we were already 4-0 down. Agnew vs. any of those guys rather sums it up. I remember Marshall being astonishingly fast. We couldn't see his deliveries at all, and only knew where they had gone by seeing where Pocock had been hit. Perhaps the happiest outcome for Pocock was that he stayed in the squad for the winter tour of India where he did well enough and we won.