• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ganguly's Suspension - Great news!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Scallywag said:
I agree Ganguly is doing just fine, India have slipped to 8th in the ODI rankings and the test team is in a shambles, all due to his fine captaincy.

Suspending him is not the best option, India may improve.
Did I say India doing fine ?? I said 'Ganguly' is doing fine. Yes due to his captaincy India is still in top 3 in Tests despite all its players out of form or injured since Pak series. As for ODI rankings there is hardly any difference between 4 and 8 positions and couple of wins and India would right where it was, oh BTW looks like your hatred for Ganguly has seriously affected your ability to read, India is @ 7 and not at 8.

Scallywag

Banned
Sanz said:
If someone needs to be sent for Rehab then it is Mcgrath, Warnie and Company. :p

Ganguly is doing just fine. Btw the ban is suspended. :laughing:
I realise my hatred for Ganguly will never match your hatred for Australian success but I like trying.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Well, as always you have realised wrong. :) I have nothing but respect for Australia's success in Cricket. But if some Aussie fan like you thinks that rest of cricketing world doesn't have the right to bowl and break warnie's record or beat you than you are mistaken.

Scallywag

Banned
Sanz said:
Well, as always you have realised wrong. :) I have nothing but respect for Australia's success in Cricket. But if some Aussie fan like you thinks that rest of cricketing world doesn't have the right to bowl and break warnie's record or beat you than you are mistaken.
Care to point out where I stated that or is it your way of trying to move away from a subject when you are wrong.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Scallywag said:
Care to point out where I stated that or is it your way of trying to move away from a subject when you are wrong.
Didn't you say that I hate australia's Success ?? Care to tell me where I have said anything about Australia's success anywhere on this forum which may qualify as my hatred for their success ??

Whereas folks like you want Ganguly to be sent to rehab. If that is not out of hatred then what ?? Ever Since he destroyed Waugh's hope of conquring the final frontier, I have seen aussie media writting crap about him and that crap has gone into the heads of people like you. Same goes for Murali, Ever since Warnie and Murali have closed in on the highest wicket race, folks like you have started hating Murali more and More. 8-)

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
Whatever people say about Saurav,like everyone he has a good and bad side...Its just that his bad side is getting to worse...He has not remained a committed captain anymore(if he ever was),dont know how many people know about this,but he actually was shooting for a commercial ad while the Mumbai Test was going on...And still nobody knows exactly why he pulled out of the series such abruptly,it seemed more than the injury...
He might have come good sometimes in the past but as I said not anymore

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
His injury was not crippling. He undertook a fitness test right in the middle of the ground with Andrew Leipus in front of the camera and Leipus was the one who declared him unfit, not he himself. Even the fitness test that he passed before the ODI against Pakistan was shown on camera. He is not acting as if he is injured. He could still walk and do stuff, juz that bending down for those drives and standing up to play those short balls (Which he gets so many) would have been very hurting with that injury in the thighs.

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
honestbharani said:
His injury was not crippling. He undertook a fitness test right in the middle of the ground with Andrew Leipus in front of the camera and Leipus was the one who declared him unfit, not he himself. Even the fitness test that he passed before the ODI against Pakistan was shown on camera. He is not acting as if he is injured. He could still walk and do stuff, juz that bending down for those drives and standing up to play those short balls (Which he gets so many) would have been very hurting with that injury in the thighs.
Alright,I'd like to believe you although its hard to swallow about his injury...but the you just cant deny the other stuff I said earlier,there are suspicions about his 100% committment to all players in the team,also he's batting has undergone a downslide,fielding is pathetic,also as SJS rightly said the non-strikers fear him as well,and believe me there's no denying as a captain he was exceptional at some point of time but he has retained captaincy because of Dalmiya and the Board politics...

Sussexshark

Cricket Spectator
nikhil1772 said:
Alright,I'd like to believe you although its hard to swallow about his injury...but the you just cant deny the other stuff I said earlier,there are suspicions about his 100% committment to all players in the team,also he's batting has undergone a downslide,fielding is pathetic,also as SJS rightly said the non-strikers fear him as well,and believe me there's no denying as a captain he was exceptional at some point of time but he has retained captaincy because of Dalmiya and the Board politics...

Mmmmm.... never have taken to him myself. He's always seemed a little too pleased with himself. No doubt Dalmiya & Co have decided that Clive Lloyd was out of order in suspending Ganguly; if so then that's a dereliction of duty to the greater good of the game. Watching test and internaitonal cricket is way too expensive for me as it is; if I did get to go again I would like to see a full day's play not one deliberately slowed down by some snide gamesmanship. It's just not cricket, don't you know!!

Peter

Ganguly is one of the best Indian captain ever, on top he's a class batsman, hence his suspension can NEVER be good for cricket.

I think C LLoyd was too harsh on Ganguly, anyway its good to learn that Ganguly will still be playing test matches.The cricket world needs the charm and grace of Saurav.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Sussexshark said:
Mmmmm.... never have taken to him myself. He's always seemed a little too pleased with himself. No doubt Dalmiya & Co have decided that Clive Lloyd was out of order in suspending Ganguly; if so then that's a dereliction of duty to the greater good of the game. Watching test and internaitonal cricket is way too expensive for me as it is; if I did get to go again I would like to see a full day's play not one deliberately slowed down by some snide gamesmanship. It's just not cricket, don't you know!!

Peter
Well what would you do if a player gets injured or the bowl gets soaking wet in every over because of the dew.

Dalmiya and Co. have not decided that Ganguly is innocent, they have only used their right to appeal. It's the ICC which is going to decide. Ganguly has already said that he doesn't have any problem with any punishment and he will accept it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
marc71178 said:
Why?

It's not as if it were a first offence!
So is it right to arrest someone for robbery, when they did not commit the act, simply because they have previously done it?

Ganguly has been guilty of this before, no doubt. But they had to change the ball 8 times! Not to mention Butt's injury. Some leniancy must be shown.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
ajaagarkarajaaja said:
The cricket world needs the charm and grace of Saurav.
Charm and grace of Saurav's batting I understand but what in blazes is 'the charm and grace of Saurav' ??? :confused1 :confused1

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Jono said:
So is it right to arrest someone for robbery, when they did not commit the act, simply because they have previously done it?

Ganguly has been guilty of this before, no doubt. But they had to change the ball 8 times! Not to mention Butt's injury. Some leniancy must be shown.
Yes, and 8 ball changes don't take an hour 8-)