• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Game of Thrones TV Show (no book spoilers allowed)

Fusion

Global Moderator
A thread to discuss HBO’s Game of Thrones show. The normal TV thread can get overwhelmed with posts about GoT, so I figured to give the show its very own thread. First, let me establish some ground rules:

(1) Absolutely NO spoilers from the book series (A Song of Ice and Fire) the show is based on. If it hasn’t been shown in the TV show, don’t discuss it. If you want to talk about upcoming events, or the book series in general, do so in the book thread.

(2) Once an episode airs, feel free to discuss its content without any regards to spoilers. I would hope people would only open this thread after watching the latest episode.

I’m not above handing out infractions for breaking these rules! Now, discuss away. :)

Howe_zat

Audio File
The end of last season was such a huge collection of everything going to **** that I kind of fell out with game of thrones. That said I'll end up being suckered back in just because it's so pervasive.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah those "not a spoiler" comments are just as bad as proper spoilers. Knowing something big is about to happen still ruins it a bit even if you don't know what that is.

Flem274*

123/5
What I like about the TV show is how they shine light on stuff we never see in the books and they do it earlier. Tywin, Theon and Ramsay Snow all get way more screen time and I love love love Charles Dance's portrayal of Tywin. The conversations between Varys and Littlefinger when they're on their own are great too and because each book chapter follows a POV and they've never been POV characters to date book readers didn't get to see that stuff.

They;re going to have to start fiddling with the timeline a bit since we're almost at the bit where GRRM would dedicate books to stuff happening in one geographical area rather than follow everybody but it would be weird for the show to do that. I hope it means we get to see the likes of Bran run concurrent with everyone else rather than him go missing for two seasons.

I'm just a bit worried this season will be the shows apex for years followed by a crash and burn since we have to plow through A Feast For Crows and parts of A Dance With Dragons after this and lets be honest AFFC is one of the most boring books in existence. **** all happens. Normally they could condense Feast and Dance into one season imo but they will probably want to avoid passing GRRM if they can and we know how fast he writes...

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah the best scenes for me have been the completely original ones which weren't in the books at all. Especially the Arya-Tywin scenes. When I heard they'd have actual conversations I was really sceptical but boy did they pull it off perfectly. Love both Charles Dance as well as the girl who plays Arya

Spark

Global Moderator
What I like about the TV show is how they shine light on stuff we never see in the books and they do it earlier. Tywin, Theon and Ramsay Snow all get way more screen time and I love love love Charles Dance's portrayal of Tywin. The conversations between Varys and Littlefinger when they're on their own are great too and because each book chapter follows a POV and they've never been POV characters to date book readers didn't get to see that stuff.

They;re going to have to start fiddling with the timeline a bit since we're almost at the bit where GRRM would dedicate books to stuff happening in one geographical area rather than follow everybody but it would be weird for the show to do that. I hope it means we get to see the likes of Bran run concurrent with everyone else rather than him go missing for two seasons.

I'm just a bit worried this season will be the shows apex for years followed by a crash and burn since we have to plow through A Feast For Crows and parts of A Dance With Dragons after this and lets be honest AFFC is one of the most boring books in existence. **** all happens. Normally they could condense Feast and Dance into one season imo but they will probably want to avoid passing GRRM if they can and we know how fast he writes...
Wouldn't say no to a one-year hiatus if required.

Flem274*

123/5
I reckon he can get the next book out before the show gets to it but there is no way we will see A Dream of Spring out before the show catches up even if they do a one year hiatus. I think it's more likely the show will do what Spartacus did when the main actor got cancer and died - make a prequel on Robert's Rebellion. You could conceivably get two seasons out of it and buy GRRM time. Problem is the prequels might have to dodge around any still unanswered questions from that time.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Why are you all talking about the books and how future ones are boring etc.

Fusion, infract Flem :ph34r:

Fusion

Global Moderator
It returns today! Eek. :Jumpy:

For those wanting to refresh their memories of what's happened so far, here's a few links below.

Game of Thrones recapped by people who've never watched the show before (this one is probably not so helpful):

Game of Thrones Season 4 Map Explains Where Everyone Is (minor spoilers about the focus/direction of characters this season)

If you've never seen the show before and just want to jump in watching Season 4 (though that would not be a wise decision IMO), here's a VERY detailed recap of each season.

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
Ahhh my withdrawal pains are gone! Game of Thrones is back and all is well again. :) Liked the season premiere. I thought the introduction to Prince Oberyn Martell was great. I already love the portrayal by the actor. The Thenns also got a bad-ass introduction, which was slightly different from the book (no book spoilers!!).

Arya is certainly turning into a cold-blooded killer. And seems to be enjoying it. You do have to think that if Ned and Catelyn are watching their remaining kids from the beyond, they must be very troubled by Arya's evolution from tomboy to vigilante killer.

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Arya killing was the best part of the episode, especially with him recognising her moments before his death.

I also liked the Oberyn Martell & Tyrian and the Jaime & Joffery scenes.

What's a ****ing Lommy. :laugh: