• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Future of CW podcast

Howe_zat

Audio File
Hi all,

As some of you know it's been months since we did a podcast, and that's completely my fault. I owe a particularly apology to Marco who I found today has tried to message me a couple of times to get one done, and to ***** who has also obviously been a huge part of making the show.

The short version is that I don't want to do it any more. I wasn't very good at it, from a technical point of view at least (and arguably from a creative point of view too) and my interest in cricket, especially international, is at a very low point. I'm just spending my time in other stuff.

The good new is that despite evidence to the contrary the CW podcast has never been 'my thing'. It wasn't my idea, I've never done one on my own, and plenty of you are much more capable. None of you need my permission or anything to continue making episodes, so go nuts.

The reason I'm telling you all this now is because I've decided to stop paying for the Soundcloud page, which while not a large amount is money that could be spent better than funding a podcast I don't want to run. So while previous podcasts will still exist on my laptop, if you want to keep any, please download them in the next week or so.

Jake

Bijed

International Regular
Ah, that's a real shame - although as there hadn't been one for a little while (and you seemed less active on here than usual), I had wondered if some/all of the regulars were losing interest. I think the best thing to say at this point is basically thank you for all the time and effort you've put into this over the last 2-3 years, you've been great. Hope your interest in cricket, if not necessarily the podcast, picks up again soon!

Hope it can continue anyway - sounds like Marco's still up for it and no doubt ***** will see this as such a good opportunity to shoehorn more Bangladesh & Hong Kong content in that he'll keep going too. Maybe it's a good opportunity to get other users involved, even if it's just one-off appearances? If it doesn't get going again, though, thanks too to Marco and ***** and everyone else who's been a part of this. I'll certainly miss the guaranteed likes from ***** for commenting on the podcast if this is the case.

Downloading them all now.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hi all,

As some of you know it's been months since we did a podcast, and that's completely my fault. I owe a particularly apology to Marco who I found today has tried to message me a couple of times to get one done, and to ***** who has also obviously been a huge part of making the show.

The short version is that I don't want to do it any more. I wasn't very good at it, from a technical point of view at least (and arguably from a creative point of view too) and my interest in cricket, especially international, is at a very low point. I'm just spending my time in other stuff.

The good new is that despite evidence to the contrary the CW podcast has never been 'my thing'. It wasn't my idea, I've never done one on my own, and plenty of you are much more capable. None of you need my permission or anything to continue making episodes, so go nuts.

The reason I'm telling you all this now is because I've decided to stop paying for the Soundcloud page, which while not a large amount is money that could be spent better than funding a podcast I don't want to run. So while previous podcasts will still exist on my laptop, if you want to keep any, please download them in the next week or so.

Jake
I was interested in getting involved at one point but in the end didn't bother on the basis I'd never be able to do it as well as you did - frankly I doubt you'll find any support for the 'wasn't very good at it' comment

But anyway well done on finding something you'd rather do instead, and thanks for the entertaining walks to work I used to have - have tried one or two other podcasts since but can honestly say none have been as good

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It was great while it lasted, Howe. And, fred is right, not many takers for "wasn't very good at it". You also had a fantastic mic. Will be missed.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agreed, you were excellent Howe. Thanks for putting effort into this, hope you enjoyed it as well.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I tried listening once but chose to do it at a time when I was not really psyched about listening to a cricket podcast so I closed it after a minute or so. I hear its good though so I'll pass.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Thats a shame. I have to say this podcast got me really into podcasts. I hadnt listened for a while, but thats just because I wasnt interested in hearing anything more about cricket than the forum (apart from the howie games pod with cricket greats).

Am I right in saying that the last recorded podcast was named the curse of Ishant Sharma? That says it all.

Midwinter

State Captain
Enjoyed all the podcasts and am disappointed that you have decided not to do more.

As others have said, despite what you think you were were all good at it and a pleasure to listen to.

All the best for the future, and just remember we will let you change your mind.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Only just came across this thread (haven't been on here much recently as not really interested in the IPL). Sorry to hear you're giving it up as the time and effort you put into it was much appreciated and I really enjoyed doing them.

As for the future, me and xorax have briefly discussed doing it in the near future. We'll both need to get our technical knowledge up to match Howe_zat's; I've done one solo one but it wasn't technically to the same standard and am unsure how to record a two-way conversation. But hopefully we'll work it out.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I had to say that I was late to it, but you guys cover everything on the podcast.

***** is less articulate in person. He's fidgety.

Bijed

International Regular
I had to say that I was late to it, but you guys cover everything on the podcast.

***** is less articulate in person. He's fidgety.
He's probably just feeling uncomfortable because he can't hand out likes to spoken words. Or maybe he sounds off because they're actually having to edit out him saying 'like' every few seconds

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Well in Jake lad. It was a cool idea and if I was interested in cricket at all (other than trolling Indians/Pakistanis/Sri Lankans/Bangladeshis/Agent Nationaux) I would have listened more and/or volunteered to contribute. From all accounts you did a really good job though, so good on you, more people should take the initiative like this.

On a related note. Bring back CW commentary so I can come on that again and call Pratters a **** whilst you and spark make agitated and uncomfortable sounds.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Just to let you know that I'm interested in restarting the podcast but am looking for someone to join me as for various reasons Howe_zat & ***** are unavailable to participate.

I don’t really have the technical knowhow to create and edit a podcast; I’ve done a solo one in the past but never a conversation-based one. I’ve downloaded an application that could make it possible but technical knowhow in podcast creation would be a plus.

Let me know if you’re interested in participating.