• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From an English Fan....

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
I will say well done Australia. You were sublime, we were awful and its been like that all series. You played great cricket and took advantage of a depleted England side. Well done. ..... But juts wait for 2009, we will have your asses on a plate :laugh:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Tomm NCCC said:
I will say well done Australia. You were sublime, we were awful and its been like that all series. You played great cricket and took advantage of a depleted England side. Well done. ..... But juts wait for 2009, we will have your asses on a plate :laugh:
Well said. 2009 will be a cracker - potentially no McGrath, no Warne, no Langer, no Hayden, no Gilchrist. That'll even things up a bit. :)

Matt79

Global Moderator
Tomm NCCC said:
I don't think you were awful tbh. All the tests have gone 5 days, and you've have had some very good performances (Collingwood and Hoggard in Adelaide, Pietersen the whole series, Monty in Perth).

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Barney Rubble said:
Well said. 2009 will be a cracker - potentially no McGrath, no Warne, no Langer, no Hayden, no Gilchrist. That'll even things up a bit. :)
Scary thing is we have the talent to replace all but Warne.

howardj

International Coach
A pre-requisite for beating a great team is that you must win the big moments - even then you're not guaranteed victory, but you're on your way. England's big moment was in Adelaide when they posted 550 and had Australia 2 for 60. Then Ponting hit the ball into the air...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well done ye crims. As I've stated elsewhere, no excuses here, while we've been poor, it's pretty irrelevant as Australia have been excellent in their own right, rather than due to anything we've done wrong.

Hate all of you tbh, enjoy your victory, they're on loan, we'll hav e them back please and thankyou, 2009

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Matt79 said:
I don't think you were awful tbh. All the tests have gone 5 days, and you've have had some very good performances (Collingwood and Hoggard in Adelaide, Pietersen the whole series, Monty in Perth).
Like Shahriar Nafees, really.

England have been thoroughly outplayed. Well done Clark and the batsmen.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Oh I think they've been comprehensively outplayed - but that's not the same thing as being "awful". I think England have been average rather than awful, and that this series so far has being a fair representation of their quality as a team...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
2009 Ashes... so far away.

Jaques
Rogers
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Watson
Haddin
Henriques
Johnson
Clark
Hilfenhaus

The future looks good. :D

Matt79

Global Moderator
Five quicks and no spinners? Put in Cameron White for Watson and you're getting closer...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Don`t see Australia having a decent spinner. English pitches are good for pace. White`s bowling is pretty terrible at this stage. :thumbsup:

Matt79

Global Moderator
He'd be in at number 6 as a batting allrounder to prop up whichever spinner they select. Can't see them selecting a team with out at least a decent part-timer spinner.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Nnanden said:
Don`t see Australia having a decent spinner. English pitches are good for pace. White`s bowling is pretty terrible at this stage. :thumbsup:
White's batting is completely gun though. He should be at number seven in your ODI side already, his hitting is unbelievable. Definitely an option as a batting all-rounder, surely?

Our XI for 2009 is difficult to pick - it's most likely gonna look something like this:

Strauss (c)
Cook
Bell
Shah
Pietersen
Joyce
Flintoff
Davies (wk)
Harmison/Mahmood
Hoggard
Panesar