• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

freddie's looking good.......

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
We've had too many false dawns in the Flintoff case the last 2 years I'm afraid. I certainly hope we can still see him at international level again, but he'll need to last longer than 5 minutes before I start getting excited.

Rebecca

School Boy/Girl Captain
I'm really hoping there's a chance he'll be ready for the South Africans.

Also really disappointed to hear that Trescothick won't travel again.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Flintoff is a luxury these days for me, rather than someone who is *missing* from the team he is an added extra when he does play. Not sure if he will ever be up to playing Test Cricket on a frequent basis but 10 overs a match could maybe not be beyond him? Feel so much better about our ODI side with him in it (obv).

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Collingwood progressing nicely to potentially split overs with Flintoff as the 4th and 5th bowlers in Test matches.

Cant help but wish Collingwood was 25 rather than virtually 32.

FBU

International Debutant
The commentators were saying that Flintoff will come back and replace one of the bowlers. Flintoff in a 4 bowler attack? Within three months he would be injured again.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In terms of managing his injuries, it might be prudent if they stand him down or he declares himself unavailable from ODIs for a while, to get the most out of him in the format that counts most (and I don't mean the IPL).

pietersenrocks

U19 Vice-Captain
Fredalo vil rock again .. I think he's perfectly set to kick Australia's a** again in Ashes !!

South Africa's tour is d best time for Freddie to return .. cos he thinks he'll be fully fit by that time and we need to throw him early again.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yes a third one to add to the list including Raghav and Sameer. I oft forget him.

Anyway, 28 overs in the opening game of the season, which is vaguely encouraging. Now let's see whether or not they have after-effects.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
The commentators were saying that Flintoff will come back and replace one of the bowlers. Flintoff in a 4 bowler attack? Within three months he would be injured again.
The selectors probably realised that he is not good enough to be a top 6 batsmen. Partly my thoughts supported by something Fletcher has said recently.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The selectors probably realised that he is not good enough to be a top 6 batsmen. Partly my thoughts supported by something Fletcher has said recently.
That's an interesting comment, actually. How much significance can we attach to DF's comment? I agree completely with it - I regret, and I hope so does the man himself, that he ever did consider Flintoff a top-six batsman (not that there wasn't a brief time when he looked like he might be good enough to be one).

But is it a good guess on his part as to what the current incumants are thinking? Is it likely to have any note taken by the current incumants if not?

As I say - several things to think about there.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I have a feeling they might bat him at 7 with Ambrose at 6
I do hope not, because I have severe question-marks over Ambrose's ability to bat there too. The last thing he needs is the stigma that a "promotion" in the batting-order carries this early in his career.