• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Forum Category Move

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just came on here today to announce that I'll have to give this up. And I gather Håkon is similarly too busy. I'd be willing to give all the databases and stats and the like up if anyone else wants to continue, but somehow I doubt anyone will.

See I knew it was ominous calling Season XV "This Is It".
Hopefully, however, I'll soon find time to contribute to CW in other cricket-related areas.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
If this is to be stopped, I hope that the CW XI forum can all be archived rather than completely removed.

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
Just came on here today to announce that I'll have to give this up. And I gather Håkon is similarly too busy. I'd be willing to give all the databases and stats and the like up if anyone else wants to continue, but somehow I doubt anyone will.

See I knew it was ominous calling Season XV "This Is It".
Hopefully, however, I'll soon find time to contribute to CW in other cricket-related areas.
What does running the CW XI/Development League entail? I wouldn't be able to manage it on my own, obviously, but if we can get two or three people to work on it, I would certainly be willing to help continue it. (The databases and stats certainly, I'd probably need other people simming for me-do you have to pay for the simulators?)

I'd be devastated to see it end personally as it is the best section of the whole website IMO (and that's not exactly faint praise) and I've never got a chance to play in it! I hope there are others able to help it carry on in to Season XV.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have entered into a day of mourning to lament to the demise of the CWXI.

As such, I have taken a 24 hour vow of verbal silence. This did not help at our team meeting half an hour ago where I was asked direct questions and remained schtum; head bowed in reverent respect for a lost friend.

May the CWXI rest in peace.

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
I would appreciate it if Camps and/or Haakon could reply to my post earlier ASAP. I would be really keen for the CWXI to continue.

99*

International Debutant
Gutted tstl.

Although, I guess this makes me the highest averaging batsman in List-A cricket. :ph34r:

James

Cricket Web Owner
If this is to be stopped, I hope that the CW XI forum can all be archived rather than completely removed.
Hope it doesn't have to be stopped, but if it does, it would be archived in the same way as World Club Cricket was.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What does running the CW XI/Development League entail? I wouldn't be able to manage it on my own, obviously, but if we can get two or three people to work on it, I would certainly be willing to help continue it. (The databases and stats certainly, I'd probably need other people simming for me-do you have to pay for the simulators?)

I'd be devastated to see it end personally as it is the best section of the whole website IMO (and that's not exactly faint praise) and I've never got a chance to play in it! I hope there are others able to help it carry on in to Season XV.
About to go out, but send me your email contact and I'll address this in detail later.

Send it to liam underscore camps at yahoo of the dot com variety.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Thanks for all the hard work you guys have put into this Mr Mxyzptlk and Vimes!