• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Former India seamer RP Singh retires

slippy888

International Captain
Exactly 13 years after making his international debut in an ODI against Zimbabwe on September 4 in Harare, former India left-arm seamer RP Singh has announced his retirement from all cricket. The 32-year old played 82 matches across formats for India between 2005 and 2011.

"Today as I hang [up] my boots and call it a day I wish to remember and give thanks to each and everyone who made this journey possible," RP Singh posted on Twitter.

"Even as I write this, there are conflicting emotions inside me. No matter how much one prepares for this day, there is no easy way to bid goodbye. But somewhere inside there is a voice that tells you - it's time. And that for me is today.

Former India seamer RP Singh retires - ESPNcricinfo

Misunderstood cricketer

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Was one of the top bowlers at 1st World T20 event. That was probably the his high point. Used to get a good shape away from left handers. Gave me an impression early in his career that he will have a decent career. But like so many other Indian seamers who debuted in 2000s, he just fell away.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was the player of the tournament in 2007 T20 WC for me.
You probably needed to watch a few more games then.

I remember him bowling very well to take India to victory in the Perth test match of the dummy spit series in 07/08.

Last edited:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
A good partnership formed between RP Singh and Sreesanth raising Indian hopes and then both fell away. Decent cricketer of the wheel.

cnerd123

likes this
RP and Sreesanth were about as good as any Indian quick I've ever seen bowl - up there with prime Srinath, Pathan, Zaheer. Shame they faded away.