• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

For all Football fans here-Select the greatest ever 5 club teams:

Vote for the best 5 Football club teams of all time:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Interesting that someone living in London neglected any of the British teams. Surely Man Utd 1998-9 deserves some recognition?

Cloete

International Captain
Ajax '95 (every time I look back on it I still can't believe the players they had), Madrid '56-'60, Barca '92, Juve '85 + Liverpool '76-'84 which isn't on there.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
superkingdave said:
BTW

Etoile Filante - 11 League Titles, 17*cup winners, 2*Coupe des Leaders, 4*Super Cup Winners
ASFA-Yennenga 8 League Titles, 1*cup winners, 7*Coupe des Leaders, 1*Super Cup Winners
RC Bobo Dioulasso - 12 x League titles, 13 x Cup winners, 6 x Coupe des Leaders, 6 x Super Cup winners.

The 'Panandetiguiri era' is all I should have to say. With Toussaint Panandetiguiri and the likes of Ouattara, Soulama and co . I don't think they lost many games for that 4-5 year period

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
roseboy64 said:
Interesting that someone living in London neglected any of the British teams. Surely Man Utd 1998-9 deserves some recognition?
You United fans are deluded if you think your treble side could have competed with the European Cup winning sides from 77-84 of Liverpool, Villa and Forest.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Anyhow, the best English side of the Premiership era was Arsenal's unbeaten side, even despite their CL last 8 knockout. An absolute footballing joy they were.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
LOL

Now that you mention that, could someone tell me what CDM stands for?

Cheating Diving M...??

Tom Halsey

International Coach
GeraintIsMyHero said:
You United fans are deluded if you think your treble side could have competed with the European Cup winning sides from 77-84 of Liverpool, Villa and Forest.
So did Liverpool, Villa or Forest ever win the Treble? The stamina required for playing that many games is incredible.

I agree the 77-84 sides may have been better over a longer time period - but not over one season.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
GeraintIsMyHero said:
No one can successfully compare eras, so don't try.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
It still is "proper" - best Club Competition in the World IMO, and playing more games and including group stages only serves to ensure that the better sides are going to get through rather than being one-off, luck-of-the-draw based.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Tom Halsey said:
It still is "proper" - best Club Competition in the World IMO, and playing more games and including group stages only serves to ensure that the better sides are going to get through rather than being one-off, luck-of-the-draw based.
I think he's referring to the teams taking part in the competition, and how some qualify.

Last edited:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I have no problem with other teams qualifying - the competition should be about who's the best this season, not cutting teams out because they weren't as good last season.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Tom Halsey said:
I have no problem with other teams qualifying - the competition should be about who's the best this season, not cutting teams out because they weren't as good last season.
It's hardly a "Champions League" if you can finish 4th and qualify.